. . . ⭑ 𖥻 ̨ 𝗎𝗇𝖾𝗑𝗉𝖾𝖼𝗍𝖾𝖽 ²

━━━

━━━

     "WILLA IS PREGNANT!" Ian blurted out, his heart pounding loudly against his chest as he looked at his mother, her reaction breaking his heart even more. He sniffled, avoiding eye contact as he slowly walked over to the chair beside him and sat down. He brought his trembling hands towards his face with a shaky sigh.

     Eleanor's mouth was gaped open, dropping the spatula as she repeated his words into her mind like a mantra. Willa is pregnant, she thought. A frown etched onto her features, watching her son sitting down on a chair, his shoulders hunched. She looked back at her food tray before drying her hands with a towel, her shaky hands wiping away the dirt carved into her skin.

     She leaned her back against the kitchen counter, her gaze on Ian as she thought of her next words. Bringing a hand towards her face, she rested her fingers on her lips with a stressed look on her face. Eleanor was at loss for words. She had no idea how to react and she wanted to yell, but she was unable to let out a sound, being too dumbstruck by the unexpected.

     But as she watched him for a few moments, her eyes softened. Eleanor was never the type to raise her voice, and she rarely got mad, but she was more worried for her husband. Her heart soared inside her chest, sauntering towards him with a pained expression on her face. Crunching down at his level, she placed gentle hands on his arm, carefully rubbing his cold skin.

     Ian's chin trembled, biting his lower lip as he prevented himself to cry. He felt his mother's touch and almost melted, feeling her loving touches against his skin. Eleanor took both of his hands away from his face, her eyes welling up with tears once she noticed a few tear stains on his handsome face. "Oh, Adrian."

     Whimpers escaped his lips and his shoulders started to shake, his eyes bleeding with pain as he broke down. His mother pulled him into her embrace, holding him tight. He sobbed into her neck, his hands finding their way to her neck. He mumbled incoherent things and choked on his sobs, making Eleanor sigh, her eyes stinging with hot tears threatening to fall.

     She whispered sweet nothings inside his ear and rocked him back and forth till his crying stopped. She kissed his head, prepping small kisses on his hair while massaging his neck. Ian's heavy breathing ceased and he closed his eyes for a moment.

Listening to his mother's soothing words made him feel better for a second, but once his thoughts whirled like haywire, his emotions hit him like a tidal wave.

     Ian pulled away from her embrace, sniffling, and looked at his mother with a scowl. He wiped his face with his hand and sighed, "I-I never meant it to happen, mom." he croaked out, his voice cracking at the end.