Cold Winter Days

My teeth chattered as I went through the streets of Hatsetu. I didn't want to get out of the spring, but I had to because of Anastasia. She told me to meet her and her dads, Yuuri Katsuki and Viktor Nikforov, at Ice Castle Hatestu. 'Why this early?' I thought as I trudged on. My skates that were in my bag began to shift as I picked up the pace. I saw white puffs escape my lips as I began to jog to the rink. Personally, I wanted to be picked up, but Viktor insisted that I try to lose some of my curves because I might 'distract' the judges. As if, I'll lose these curves. I make chubby look good. All my life, I've been body positive, I've skated in a cheerleader outfit and gotten a high score with how advanced my program was. 

                      Already at the rink was Anastasia and Ilias, my two best friends. Viktor and Yuuri smiled at me as I walked in. "You ready to learn your short program, Mukuro?" Yuuri asked me and I nodded. Viktor motioned for me to join him on the ice. I tied my skates on and joined him. "Yuuri, start the music." He called, and Yuuri pressed play.  The music started and Viktor went skating across the ice, making dark face expressions along with some praise dance movements with his arms. As the song went on, the jumps turned out to be a triple axel, a quadruple toe-loop, a quadruple salchow and a lutz jump. My jaw gaped open as Viktor kept on. The music went perfectly with the speed of the movements. 

                        I had no idea how I was going to replicate this. My friends looked at me and were surprised. After Viktor had finished, Anastasia walked up to me. "Girl, you have the easiest out of the three of us. Ilias has four quad salchows one after another and I've got three series of triple axels." She sighed, shaking her head. I turned and nodded at Viktor to start the music. It started, and I began to skate. 

                         After practice, the three of us returned to the hot spring. My dog, Punk, was waiting on us. He's the only thing I brought from my home in Tokyo. My sweet little French Bulldog who was my number one supporter as well as being my emotional support dog. I took him everywhere. His little stub tail wagged excitedly as he snorted and smiled when he saw me. It seemed like he was saying, 'I missed you, momma! I love you so much! My auntie and uncle are here! Yay!! More people to play with!' I smiled as he licked and sniffed me. Ana began to pet him while Ilias gave him a belly rub. We all loved this dog, and I'm glad that he's my baby. The three of us got in our robes and joined Viktor and Yuuri in the spring after a long day of practice. I looked up and thought, 'This may be the best winter yet.'