Chapter 2

Li Aifen found it funny that the person who was supposed to love and protect her tossed her out like trash, not bothering to care if his 12 year old daughter will survive the cruel dark world or not. 

The estate where she lived was near the west boarder as General Li was required to protect the boarder. The west part of the Qian Empire was cold and frosty which is the opposite of the east boarder which was warm and sunny. Aifen always wanted to see the east side of the empire, where the grasses are green and flowers bloom all year. Aifen trembled as she walked to the nearest village. She had little luggage with herself, only a small cloth bag holding Stormy and her mother's jade pendant. 

One step.

Two steps.

Three steps.

Aifen continued down the frosty pathway with no goal in mind, only the feeling of blankness present. Stormy was fast asleep, unaware of his surrounding. 

At last she arrived. The sight of a lively market took her by surprise. Ever since her mom died she was not allowed to leave the estate. The General feared that Aifen would speak of his terrible treatment of her and cause him to loose face. 

People were laughing and cheering. But Aifen only felt cold and indifferent to her surrounding. She walked passed several food stalls but did not have any money on her to satisfy her hunger. She kept on walking, only stopping to allow people to walk pass. 

"Thump" Someone bumped into her causing her to look back in surprise. 

"Sorry" she said softly before turning.

While turning back she crashed into the back of the person in front of her. She looked up to apologize only to be startled when a pair of silver eyes looked down to her's. He was beautiful. Soft black hair that was tied back into a pony tail which only serves to accentuates his prominent jaw line and sharp nose.  She looked down to see him wearing a black robe with the crest of a dragon embedded on it.

A soft blush covered her face when he smirked, implying that he knew she was checking him out. 

"I'm sorry, but it really wasn't my fault, that man bumped into me and he dropped his apples too... ughhh what am I saying. I'm sorry sir" she apologize feeling quite embarrassed for being a clutch today.

He still didn't reply but kept his gaze on her. Aifen shuffled nervously and tried to walk pass him. She just wanted to get away as fast as possible! Suddenly a cold hand held her risk and would budged no matter how she tried to shake it off. 

She had enough and turned to give the owner a piece of her mind. Glaring at the man she opened her mouth to reprimand him only to be cut when he suddenly leaned over to whisper in her ears. 

"Little Nightingale, now that you've caught my attention you dare think to escape?" 

Aifen turned beat red and tugged harder at the stranger's grip on her hand. She knew she should be scarred but this man intrigued her. He had a cold dark aura and intimidating stance but his hold on her wrist was firm yet gentle.

"Let me go" Aifen tried to order firmly but her voice came out to be an octave louder than a mere whisper. 

There was awkward silence between them untill Aifen's stomach began to rumble causing her to blush harder, if that's possible. The man chuckled softly at the sound and dragged her to the nearest food stall. 

"Nightingale, would you like some sweet buns?" he asked softly making Aifen narrow her eyes in paranoia. 'Why is he being nice?' she thought to herself. 

The man look at his nightingale and saw her deep in though with her little brows furrow against one another. His lips twitched and he turned to the owner of the shop, giving him two silver coins for all the buns in his stalls. The old man widenned his eyes in surprise, seeing that the young man gave his more than neccessary for his buns. He looked at the man in hopes of telling him but the man was staring at the little girl standing next to him.

Sighing, the old man began to pack the buns into a bag and gave it to the young man. The man in turn gave it to Aifen who's eyes widdened in surprise when she saw twenty sweet buns inside the white paper bag. 

Well, she was hungry and the stranger was giving her free food so she pushed away her suspicious thoughts and quickly ate the sweet buns.Unknowingly the man watched her with soft eyes with a slight lift on his lips. 

Not far two shadow guards with black mask approached the unknown man. 

"Your highness, we have to leave now, white Eagle is near" one of the guards whisperred into the man's ears. Not bothering to acknowledge them, he turned back to his beauty only to see that she has disapperaed into the crowd. This further increased his interest in her and the desire to capture her was almost undeniable, but right now he had other important matters to attend to.

"I will find you Nightingale and make you mine" he whispered underneath his breath, his voice promising many things.