Chapter 5: Giorgi Marcano

Timeskip 2 Days Later

Rosebel Pov 

It has been two days since Lincoln came to visits me at the church after his welcome back party. We hung out for the first day, but on the second something... changed. I had asked if he needed my help but, he refused, telling me he didn't want to see me hurt or get myself mixed up in this. Since then I have been helping Father James around the church such as feeding the homeless and making them new clothes to wear or blankets.

I was so into washing some clothes that I found that I didn't hear someone behind me until I felt someone's arms wrapped around my waist. I screamed and tried to break free of the person hold on me as the person laughed. A laugh I may have just met, but known so well. I stop struggling and turned my head to see Lincoln smiling at me.

"Lincoln," I said hitting his arms as that all I could hit "You scared freak out of me"

"Freak?" asked Lincoln jokingly confused on my cursing 

"What we're in a church, the Lord's house" I explained "Besides It was either that or clucking and that doesn't make sense"

Lincoln just shrug and sat in down in the chair beside me.

"So what is the great Lincoln Clay doing here" I asked sarcastically bending down for another clothing to wash "Here to grace me with your presence"

I didn't hear a reply as I turn to see Lincoln staring at my ass. I coughed really getting his attention from my rear end to face as I rolled my eyes going back to work.

"I told you, I am a man I can't help it" he tries to explain which I ignored "Anyway you want to go out with somewhere"

"What?" I ask confused 'Is he asking me out...on a date'

"Sammy asked me to go over to Sal Marcano's place" said Lincoln getting up and grabbing the stuff in my hand throwing it down 

"And..." I questioned looking at him confused "You need me for what exactly"

"Sal always had a soft spot for beautiful women and trust and believe, baby girl" stated Lincoln spinning me around slowly " When he sees you... "

"I can't just up and leave, Lincoln" I argued glaring at Lincoln "I have work to do"

"I already talk to Father James who says you can go" explained Lincoln as I fixed my dress "What do you say"

I looked down at feet and thought about it. I have to remember I'm not in my time anymore where blacks have more freedom to do what they want. In this period, blacks have to be careful what they do, but it almost the same as young black men either young or are getting killed by either the police or by people of our color. After a few minutes of thinking, I agreed as Lincoln smiled and hugged me.

"Great, go grab a bathing suit from your stuff and let go." said Lincoln as I nodded but rolled my eyes at the same time

I go towards my room and walk inside. I quickly go into my suitcases that holds my clothes and grab a simple bikini.

After putting on and slipping into a simple skirt over my hips I grab my dress and stuff it into my bag

After putting on and slipping into a simple skirt over my hips I grab my dress and stuff it into my bag. I walk out and made my way over to Lincoln who was whistling until he saw me.

"Ready." he asked as I nodded

We made our way to where he parked his car and got in, driving off. It was long drive before we finally made it as I look out the window in awe, but still, I have seen better. Lincoln made his way over to the security gate and my already bad feeling got worst as we pulled up. Lincoln turns to look at me.

"Stay here, I'll be right back," said Lincoln as I just nodded Lincoln gets out and walks over to the security booth as the guard  started cursing with racist slurs once he saw Lincoln then noticed me sitting in the car and started cursing more 

Lincoln' form told me that he was 1 minute away from punching the guard. I quickly got out of the car and made my way over to Lincoln, grabbing his hand trying to calm him down.

"Oh, great another nigger," said the guard looking me up and down "Like I told gorilla over there, help goes through the back"

"Sir, Sal Marcano asked us to come and meet him" I explained "His name is Lincoln Clay"

The officer just rolled his eyes but looked at the list anyway. 

"Well I'll be damned" stated the guard looking at us "But that doesn't explain why you're here"

"Sal told Lincoln he can invite one person to come with him, so he chose me" I lied as the guard watched me then shrugged as he opened the gate

"You best mind your manners while you're in there, you two," said the guard looking at us as we walk back to the car I feel a shiver go down my body as I feel a pair of eyes on me, watching me "Or there'll be hell to pay. Hear?"

We got back inside the car and made our way inside.

"I told you to stay in the car" snapped Lincoln at me for not listening 

"I'm sorry, it just that..." I stopped looking down at my feet "You looked like you were going to punch him"

"But I wasn't going too, I grind my teeth and held out" he snapped at me as I played with my fingers nervously "Look I'm sorry I snapped at you, I just been stressed out"

I didn't say anything as I continued to play with my fingers.

"Rosebel, Rose, Bel" called Lincoln trying to get my attention but I didn't listen so he stops the car, turns to me and grabs my face gently making me look into his eyes"Baby Girl I'm sorry"

"Okay, now get off me,"I said angrily moving away from his hand and getting out the car as he followed me

"Whoa-ho-ho-ho! Lincoln Clay. Christ man, get a look at you!" yelled a man walking over to us "I bet those fucking gooks shit themselves when they saw you coming"

 Christ man, get a look at you!" yelled a man walking over to us "I bet those fucking gooks shit themselves when they saw you coming"

Lincoln smiled and met the man halfway giving each a handshake while I stood in the same spot next to the car. The man and Lincoln looked towards as I made my way over to them.

"Lincoln...Lincoln" asked the man who looked at me up and down slowly "Who is this beauty?"

"This beauty is my friend, Rosebel," said Lincoln pulling me towards him "Rosebel, this is my friend, Giorgi"

"Nice to meet" I hold my hand out to shake as he grabs my hand moves it towards his hand his lips kissing the back of my hand 

'WHY DO ALL THESE GUYS KEEP KISSING MY DAMN HAND!?!DO I HAVE SOME NEON SIGN THAT SAID "KISS ANYWHERE YOU WANT ...I don't mind if it Lin...THAT NOT THE POINT'