The beginning/ prolouge

"I didn't mean to kill her. Honestly I didn't do it. This is a big mistake! She killed her self! Why would I kill someone! I'm only 14!"
That's what I told the cops. My name is Octavia Jones, I'm 14 and after the many hard years of my life that's all I can say to them. My parents were killed in front of me. It was back in 2028 it was my fourth birthday. I stayed up until the next morning so that I could watch my birthday go by. After finally falling asleep I heard strange noises come out from behind my bedroom door. I got up and started for the door when the noises stoped. I continued down the hallway towards my parents room. Passed the bathroom, passed the playroom, passed my brothers room. When I reached my parents room I slowly opened the door. I walked in and they weren't there. I turned around and walked out. I heard the strange noises through the hall. I walked over to my brothers room, went in, and shook him to wake him up.
"What's going on Octavia?"
"Josh I keep hearing strange noises and I can't find mom and dad."
"Go back to bed twerp" I started back for the hallway as the noises got louder, they weren't noises they turned into voices. Voices that I haven't heard before. Then I heard my mom cry out. As I sit at the top of the stairs I can't help but to go down there. I take my first step when my mom yelled out.
" what do you want from us! We don't have anything!"
" please leave us alone!"
I took another step when I heard the first gun shot, that's when I saw my father fall to the ground. My brother ran out of the room.
"What was that?!" He questioned
"It's daddy." I replied breath shaking and in tears. All I can hear is my mom crying when she says-
" Kids run!" Then the second bullet descended from the gun and she fell to the ground. The two men that were there with them started walking up to my brother and I. Josh grabbed me by my arm and we ran to my mom and dads room and locked the door and jumped out of their window to the trampoline. We quickly ran to the neighbors house and called the police. They came and took us into custody and gave us to our grandparents. We moved to Indiana for 3 years then we returned to Beverly Hills California, where I started the second grade. That's when everything began.