Chapter 1

"Octavia! Time to go we cannot be late to the first day of school!" my grandmother yelled. I was standing in front of the mirror. Looking at my self. asking only one question. Will I fit in with everyone. I continue to get ready for the day. As I start walking down the hall, I start thinking will some of my old friends be around? As I hit the last step of the stairs josh pushes me out of the way and runs out the door to his friends.

"Octavia are you ready to go?" My grandma V asks. I nod my head and walk towards the car. As we arrive at the school I don't see anyone that I remember.

"Now do you remember who your teacher is?" grandma asks.

"Yes. Mrs. Rose room 113. I will walk to the office as I was told to do when we first came and they will walk me over to her room." I replied.

"Go get em kid. I love you Octavia."

"I love you too Grandma V." I get up out of the car and follow the signs to the office. I am walking slow with caution. All I can hear are the whispering voices around me, I don't know what, or who they are talking about. I just keep walking. I finally reach the office and sit down. I can feel everyone looking at me. Staring at me.

"Can I help you?" someone asks.

"yes I was told that someone would walk me to Mrs. Rose's classroom since it is my first day?" I replied.

"Okay that would be me. Hi I'm Carmen. I will show you to your classroom and if you have any questions please come to see me."

"Okay sounds good." She starts to lead me to the classroom. There is no one in the halls. It feels like I am looking into an empty box. We just keep walking. It feels like we are walking on ice, it feels cold. We finally reach the class room and my stomach flips. I feel like I'm going to be sick because I am Terrified of the fact that I am all alone. For the first time in a public school since Grandma V and Papa Lou were homeschooling us. I am all alone.

"Mrs.Rose you have a new student this year. This is Octavia Jones." I walk into the classroom and I could feel all eyes on me. All of the kids started to whisper.

"Hi, Octavia. Welcome to Beverly Hills Elementary. Could you tell us where you are from and what your favorite thing to do here and where you came from is." she asked me.

"Well I was born here but was moved to Indiana when I was 4 with my brother Josh, we just moved back here with my Grandma and papa. My favorite thing to do in Indiana was to play with my friends that I had there. I don't have a favorite thing to do here because I just moved back."

"well thank you Octavia, would you please take a seat between Sophia and Maya." They Raised their hands. I slowly started walking over there, when I was stopped by a Girl Named Monica.

"Hi, I'm Monica, well this is not my first year here but I have a feeling that we would make good friends. Like Best friends. Would you be my best friend." she asked.

"Now why would she wanna go and be your best friend when she has not met everyone else yet. Hi, I'm Sophia. You can take this seat here next to Maya and me. Maya is my best Friend and also my cousin."

"Hi." Maya said.

" Well I was asking because I need a new best friend since mine moved away."

"Can I make this decision on my own. I will think about it." I said to them. I sit down in the chair and start listening to the teacher. I could not help but think why is Monica trying so hard. She does not look like she needs a new friend because of all the people she is talking to right now. She is also looking at people with mean looks. Why would I want to be friends with someone like that. Maya and Sophia seem nice maybe I should be friends with them. That seems like a good idea.