Vol. I - Part 10 [Bullies]

Hey there, here i am as promised with another part, well anyway i hope you enjoy!

You, Lucas, team RWBY and Pyrrha were currently sitting on the front seats of the auditorium stage, watching the battle between Jaune and Cardin.

Jaune is currently panting leaning on his weapon as Cardin just laughs at him holding his mace in his hand. The blonde haired boy then after recovering some strength charges at Cardin who jumps out of the way. Jaune surprised looks back at him, only to be hit on the shield and flies back.

You: "He didn't even land a single hit on him, that's strange"

Lucas: "Yeah, he's really bad. I mean he's my captain and I respect him but... his fighting style is just non-existent"

You: "Yeah"

Now only holding his sword Jaune charges at Cardin again trying to slash at him from above but is easily blocked.

Cardin: "This is the part where you lose"

Jaune: "Over my dead--"

Jaune isn't even able to finish his sentence since Cardin kneed him in the gut, making him drop his sword and fall on the ground in pain. Cardin raises his mace and is about to slam it down on a worried Jaune. Seeing this you quickly place one of your marks on a piece of paper and throw it at Cardin and warp to it, grabbing his arm tightly and glaring at him before the lights turn on.

You: "I think that's enough Cardin, we wouldn't want to make a mess here now, would we?"

You then let go of his arm and grab the piece of paper from the ground, smiling and nodding to Jaune before going back to your seat.

Glynda: "Thank you Mr. (L/n)"

Cardin gives you one last glare before he relents and walks away as Professor Goodwitch comes onto the stage, tapping her tablet.

Glynda: "Students, as you can see, Mr. Arc's Aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament-styled duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle, and that the official may call the match"

You look over to Pyrrha who looks sad. Glynda then looks towards Jaune as he looks at his scroll showing the stats of his entire team.

Glynda: "Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your Scroll during combat. Gauging your Aura will help you decide when it's appropriate to attack, or when it is better to move to a more... defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf, now, would we?"

Cardin: "Speak for yourself..."

Lucas: "If he refuses to shut up, I swear i'm going to break some of his teeths...."

You: "Calm down Luke, it's not worth it"

Glynda: "Remember, everyone, the Vytal Festival is only a few months away! It won't be long before students from the other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing! Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale!"

As she says this you and Lucas notice team RWBY getting really excited.

Lucas: "Well looks like they can't wait for it"

You: "I only wish we could participate too"

Lucas: "I'm pretty sure Ozpin will organize something special for us. But it's not all bad, at least you get to spend more time with your girlfriend there"

You: "Would you like to shut up?"
Lucas then chuckles at your response.

Then the bell rings and all students start to leave as you look over to Jaune who's still sitting on the floor. After a bit you walk up to him and offer your hand to help him to get back on his feets. Jaune seeing you smiling at him gladly accepts your help and gets up.