5. The Dance

Kassandras big day finally arrived , I was all dressed up and ready to go. She rented out Zoot Suits for all the guys to be dressed in. We all looked like straight G's as if we didn't already. My mom took pics of me and some of the homies that were going to ride with me who were also in the dance. So there was the traditional dance we were performing and then a "surprise dance" Kassandra had planned. This one was less people in it though not all of us were a part of it. It was basically twerking on the guys. A lot of the families weren't too happy with that and thought it was too much. I was surprised too but didn't give a fuck. The girls were going to strip off the dresses they were in and reveal the short dresses they had underneath. It was cool too , the dresses were pinstripe mafia looking outfits with fedora hats. I remember them rehearsing it and watching them shake their asses. The guys who danced with them didn't seem to mind either. The night arrived we pulled into this big dirt lot full of cars. This party was going to be huge as fuck. The ranch was surrounded by a Forrest of trees and there was this block of concrete we were going to dance on in the center of the property surrounded by chairs for all the guests. I was looking forward to eating the most. And you already know the place was filling up with all the homies. They came all thugged out with the bandannas hanging and weed filled the air. Beer was being served to everybody regardless of age. Kassandra told them anybody who walked up to the bar could drink. The more people came in I notice my ex Dulce was their , all of Kassandras friends were. Didn't bother me though. I was nervous about the dance and trying not to mess up more then anything. Finally it was our time to get on and perform. The music filled the air and everybody watched while they ate their plates of food. Mexican rice , asada, beans and tortillas for everybody it was great.

"Try me (try me) ...
Try me (try me)...
Darlin tell me
I need you
Try me Try me
And your love will always be true
Oh I need you (I need you)"

James brown played as we did our dance along with a lot of other classics. My part was done and I was ready to party. Kassandra and everybody else got ready for that surprise dance. Me and the homies that came all grouped up and started smoking weed and drinking up. They cracked jokes about the dance.

"Aha damn you looked all serious ese what happened ?" The twins said laughing.

"Chale, I didn't want to fuck up in front of everybody " I said laughing back.

"Ay I think the next dance is starting" they said.

We all rushed to get a good view of the dance. Damn the girls were looking fine as fuck too. Daddy yankee played as the girls got down on the floor.

"Damn the homies girl is too fine ese" said Joker, everybody agreed.

Most of us just stared quietly watching this shit happen. A lot of the families were shocked it was funny to see. I didn't see any signs of Dulce and I didn't mind , I wasn't there for her anyways. I was ready to go even though it was still early. I said later to all the homies that showed up and the girls and took some plates to go. Told my mom and she gave me the keys and said she would head over when she was done talking to her friends. As I was walking over to the car I got in the passenger seat and turned the car on. The lights came on and I noticed people run out from in front of the car. We parked facing the trees that surrounded the party. It was Dulce of all the people. It looked like she was trying to get busy with one of the homies. His name was Creeper. I didn't know him and we didn't speak much. I wasn't even mad because we were over anyways. More shocked than anything that she moved on that soon. She had a huge smile on her face while she walked away. They had their clothes on so maybe I just interrupted before anything happened. We didn't speak after that much at all. If I was in the hood and she happened to be there we just avoided each other. Shit was funny like that sometimes.

"Hey what's up Ricardo?" Jasmine asked.

"Aqui nomas just kickin back you know" I said.

Jasmine was in the Quince too, shaking her ass with the other girls. She was fine as fuck she was really tight with Dulce too.

"Yeah that's what's up , hey can I ask you something ?" She asked nervously.

"For sure anything , what is it ?" I said.

"You mind walking me home ? I didn't catch a ride when I had the chance." She said.

"No problem if you ready just let me know when and we'll take off" I said.

"Let's go now" She said in somewhat of a rush.

I was cool with it, it was about time for me to go anyways and she was on the way home. It was only about 8pm though. She seemed nervous on the walk. Maybe it was because we were walking through the east side. She was dressed in a raiders jersey that she tied up in the back to make it fit tight and short Jean shorts that showed off most her legs with blue converse low tops on. It was kinda cold that night so I asked her if she wanted to use my jacket.

"Thanks Ricky " She said as she smiled while I put it around her.

"You know I got you girl" I said to her.

I kept my cool but noticed her bite her lip as she smelled my cologne on the jacket. I had my suspicions before but now I know for sure she was into me. We got to her apartment complex without any trouble, I walked her up to the door. She took off my jacket and leaned in for a hug when she was giving it back. I didn't think about it when I did it but as I hugged her back my hands went straight to her ass. She didn't seem to mind, she smiled then we kissed for a minute before she walked up the stairs to her front door. She liked my cologne but her perfume smelled better. I know Dulce would be mad about this but then again she shouldn't be. She had her chance , I'm feeling Jasmine too. Shit maybe her and I could be together...