4 • music class

{ryan's pov}

{ryan's pov}

my music class is right before lunch. sadly, spencer is not in this class, he says he doesn't need to learn drums from hell. as i walk into the classroom, i see the familiar face of brendon again sitting with empty chairs on each side of him. great.

i approach the boy and smile. "hey ryan" brendon greets me with a smile as well. i respond with a "hey" and sit in an empty seat beside him. the bell rings starting class.

miss jackson introduces herself and goes over everything you need to know about the class, the typical thing for teachers to do the first day of school. it gets boring quickly, i start to drift into other thoughts of mine.

his lips crash against mine and my hand is in his hair. our lips are in sync with each other. a moment with this boy is electric, the adrenaline and pleasure run through my veins. i release a soft moan from my mouth as his lips move down to my neck, leaving a trail of pink hickies wherever his lips explored...

my daydream was interrupted by a "george ross?" from miss jackson, who is apparently looking for me. i raise my hand up and explain that i go by ryan. she nods and continues taking attendance. i place my fingertips on my neck, to make sure i don't actually have a pink bruise.

miss jackson explains the first activity we do. each person will have to introduce themselves and name any instruments we play. one by one, each student does as instructed. when it's my turn, i stand up and smile faintly as i say "hi, i'm ryan and i play the piano and guitar" and sit back down quickly.

next, we have to pick a partner and basically have to attempt to create lyrics for a short song. brendon chose me as his partner, maybe because i don't know anyone here, who knows. "so do you have any ideas?" i shyly ask. why am i so damn awkward today? "we should make a song that is catchy, but actually has meaning to it." he suggests. to be honest, that's a great idea. i smile and nod and spit out a small "yeah". then the lightbulb struck me. "hey what if we get the audience involved with the song like 'to keep time', snapping and tapping feet?" i add to my idea suggestion "and we can put a catchy beat to the background"

about 30 minutes later, we're almost done with our song. "so verse one is 'sit tight, I'm gonna need you to keep time/c'mon, just snap, snap, snap your fingers for me/good, good, now we're making some progress/come on just tap, tap, tap your toes to the beat'?" brendon asks for reassurance. i reassure him and continue writing the lyrics. the song is complete. "how about we call it 'shake it up'?" brendon asks. i disagree with him and explain that we should have a unique title named after a quote or something. we settled on a quote from chuck palahniuk's novel survivor. "the only difference between martyrdom and suicide is press coverage".

"wow i didn't know the ryan ross writes songs!" brendon jokes, emphasizing the "the".

~

{508 words, excluding the song lyrics}