Rule #13: Keep A Grip And Never Crack

It was late when we finally got back to the hotel to retire for the night. We were both exhausted and after saying goodnight to each other, we entered our separate rooms to clean ourselves up before going to bed.

After showering and blow drying my hair, I passed out on the large mattress dreaming of shared laughter and ridiculous clothes. When I opened my eyes again, the sun was shining through the window and Lila was hovering by my bed, waiting for me to wake up.

"Good morning, Princess." She said with a smile.

"Morning, Lila." I returned her smile.

Then I started to get ready. I washed up and got dressed in some skinny jeans and a plain white T-shirt along with the boots I wore to the fashion yesterday. I only brought one pair of shoes with me, which was this. I ran a brush through my hair and untangled the knots in them. Lila wanted to do my hair but I waved her off to help me pack up siting that I can do my own hair for day to day occasions. I'll only require her assistance for more intricate hairdos for events. I simply braided my hair into a fishtail braid at a side.

"Have you eaten yet?" I asked her as I grabbed my phone and prepared to leave the room for breakfast. She answered. "I already ate. Do go ahead and have your breakfast now, your royal highness." She ushered me out of the room where Derrick was waiting for me.

"Good morning, Princess." My giant bodyguard said politely. I beamed at him. "Morning, Derrick. Where's Dante?"

"He is already waiting in the hotel's dining room. Please follow me, your royal highness." He said.

We took the elevator to the fifth floor and when the doors opened, I could smell bacon in the air. My stomach grumbled lowly. I glanced at Derrick. He remained expressionless but I could see the amusement in his eyes.

"I get hungry like any other normal person, it's nothing to be amused by." I stated blandly.

"My apologies, Princess." He replied without a trace of sincerity in his voice not that I was expecting there to be any. I rolled my eyes before exiting the elevator with him following close behind me. I gave the attendant my room number before entering the large hall.

There was quite a bit of people inside, talking quietly and eating. Some glanced at me as I passed by with a huge man walking closely behind.

"Dante is over there." Derrick said lowly for me to hear as he pointed to a table near the window. A single young man sat there, dressed in a black long sleeved shirt with the sleeves pushed up to his elbows with black jeans and white sneakers. He had a plate of food in front of him and he was sipping a cup of something, perhaps coffee.

We walked towards him and I said.

"Morning, Dante."

He looked up at me as I was standing, and he said.

"Sleeping beauty's finally awake."

"And she's hungry. I'm gonna go grab some food. Derrick, are you gonna shadow me or stay here with Dante? Personally, I prefer the latter." I said cheekily.

"I'm afraid your hopes will have to be shattered as I have no intentions on getting fired, Princess."

I sighed. "Hey, a girl can hope." He chuckled. "The buffet table is this way."

I quickly grabbed some food and ignored all the stares I received. I'm guessing they've guessed who I am. I swiftly returned to the table after getting my food and drinks before I plopped down opposite of Dante.