Chapter 1

I opened the front door and the chilly breeze of a Saturday morning washed over me making those little hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I ran back inside to my room, grabbed a sweater, and continued on my morning jog. 

My quinceanera, or fifteenth birthday party, was approaching rapidly and I urged myself to loose weight. There was absolutely no one that wants to see my flabber. Like most teenage girls, I've always been so self-conscious about my weight. 

I started to approach the bike trail, jogging towards the park. I loved mornings but I hated waking up. Makes sense, doesn't it? "I need to find someone to run with," I thought to myself, suddenly feeling lonely. Everyone here is talking and laughing with someone, and then there's me.. who's crying on the inside because my earphones broke the other day.

I've been jogging for about thirty minutes now and approached a bench to rest. I took out my phone, oppened Snapchat, and snapped a pic of the scenery to post onto my story.

"I see you're a fan?" a male voice said. "Excuse me?" I looked up and saw a tall figure. He had thick eyebrows that were probably better groomed than mine. It looked as if he was jogging aswell, he had soccer sweats and a Nike dry fit tee on.

"Well I saw you take a picture of me and I'm guessing you're a fan of mine." He restated. "Oh, no. I'm so sorry, I was trying to take a picture of my surroundings." I show him my phone which had the picture of the park and trees on it.

"Oops, my bad." He seemed to have gotten embarrased. "Don't worry, everythings fine." I laughed to myself. "Is he famous or something? Why would I be a fan?" I questioned myself.

"Well now I'm guessing you must be wondering why I said that." He sat down and I could tell that story time was about to begin. "Good guess." I said before my lips met my wotter bottle.

"Well my name is Jack Gilinsky, I'm apart of this thing called Magcon." He adjusted his position he was siting in to face me.

"I'm Angela Smith, I'm apart of this thing called life." As i finish my sentence I earn a chuckle from Jack and he stook out his hand to give me a handshake. I kidly accepted it and shook his hand.

"Nice to meet  you, Angela." He smiled, showing off a set of pearly white teeth.

"Nice to meet you, too." I smiled aswell, except I smiled with a closed smile becasuse I hate my smile. Darn you braces.

"I should get going." I say to break the awkwardness, as I get up from the bench to jogg home. "Same." Jack simply replied.

"Hope to see you around soon." I heard him say as I turn around to the direction my home was.

"Maybe you will." I said over my shoulder and smiled only to realize that he couldn't see me.

I jogged all the way home until I came upon the place I call home.

"I'm home!" I yelled as I walked through the front door of my house.

I head upstairs and walk to my room. I then threw off my clothes and jumped into the shower.

When I came out I got dressed and took out my macbook from under my pillow.

I turned it on and googled "Jack Gilinsky"

A vine account popped up; Jack and Jack

I started watching some vines and caught myself laughing at the ridiculous stunts these boys were pulling. I went to the top of the vine account to follow them and noticed the amount of followers they have.

"Woah." I quietly said to myself outloud.

That was enough for this morning, time to help my momma. I walked to her room and knocked on her door. "Come in!"

As I walked through the door I found my mom in her bed on her laptop, next to her layed my dad on his phone.

"Good morning internet peopleeee." I say dragging the 'e'.

They greeted me and I took out a chair to sit next to my mom. "Anything new?"

"Look here," she pointed at the screen, "I found someone who is willing to help us plan it. They said they wouldn't charge too much since they don't have to travel."

"So they live here in Omaha?" I tried understanding. "Yes."

"That's awesome! So like a party planner? " I was actually really happy because my mom needed all the help she could get. My dad won't help, even if he wanted to, because he doesn't understand the meaning behind it. He just doesn't get it. My uncle says it's because it's just not in his heritage, and he's right. My mom is Mexican and my dad is half Mexican and half Italian. The problem is my dad grew up Italian, so he only looks Mexican.

"Exactly." My mom said.

"When are we meeting up with them?" I adjust myself in the chair, getting comfortable.

"Today, actually. Right before you walked in I was video chatting with the lady. She has an older son around your brother's age so they can hang out." My mom told me.

"Wait, does that mean he's coming?" I ask sounding more serious than I intended.

"Yes, is there something wrong with that?" My mom gives me her undivided attention as she closes the laptop.

"No, I'm sorry, Mom. It's just that Daniel left to his friend's house yesterday." I remind her.

Daniel is my brother, he's like my best friend. He's two years older than me and a senior in high school. A lot of the senior girls think he's cute and try to be friends with me just to get at him. It doesn't bother me like it used to, because now I know not to become friends with them. In the past they'd talk to me, we'd become close, my brother would say he doesn't like her, and I never heard from her again. It's happened twice before, and only did the first time hurt me. The second time I told myself that it was my fault.

"Well you're good at making friends, you'll be fine." My mom says after a while, she must've been thinking.

"What do you mean.. are you leaving us a lone?" I ask but soon was interrupted by the door bell. My mom got up from bed, fully dresses. Then did my dad, dressed as well. They put on their shoes and headed downstairs.

"You'll be fine." Was all I heard before the door opened and I heard them greeting people.

I followed them but stopped at the bottom of the stairs. I saw a lady and soon noticed a boy behind her. It must've been her son.

"Angela, come here." My mom motioned me over.

"This is the lady I was telling you about. This is Mrs. Wilkinson, and this is her son Sam." I shook the lady's hand as we said our hello's and woah.

Her son was hotter than the sun.

I caught myself staring and quickly said hello. "Hey." he smiled, showing off a dimple. I smiled back, showing off mine.

"Sam, I'm sorry but I forgot that my son won't be home until next week. I hope you don't mind staying here with my daughter." My mom told Sam.

"Absolutely not, it's fine." He smiled the same smile.

"Okay, we'll be back. Make yourself at home. Angela has my number if you need us." And with that they were gone. Leaving me alone with the most handsomest boy I've seen in my life. He was tall and fit. He was wearing red vans, khakis, and an obey shirt.

Sweg.

I wonder what kind of boy he is. Is he one of those jerks? Maybe he's absolutely down to earth.. oh I hope so. I stopped checking him out after I realized we were standing in awkward silence for about five minutes now.

Jesus, take the wheel.

♤♡♢♧

Sorry this might not be good, I was trying to introduce characters and the situation. It'll get better, I promose. Anyways, stay tuned to find out Sam's personality. Will he be a jerk? A nerd? Shy? Outgoing? Maybe depressed? Maybe even one giant hormone? Or maybe he's just like Angela. Please vote!

5 ☆ for the next chapter ( :