Chapter one- Epilouge

Every past Friday, just after school, you headed towards the musty old building, build of bricks, with even more dusty things to see inside, including the people that worked there. So what, even if it was worn out, you certainly had a fair share of love left for the building and it's contents. Not only because you loved history, but also because you loved studying every little detail of it.
The last few weeks you were known to pass by and give the exhibits a long visit, to draw all the things, that were there to be seen. They had to throw you out more than a couple of times by now, but soon they had stopped caring and allowed you to be there until the night shift arrived. He'd also allow you to stay there all the night, or for as long as you wanted, but you always turned the offer down, based on your exhaustion from the education system.
Considering the sun was throwing rays like crazy and the marigolds were popping up all over town, clearly you could spare some extra time, it was summer break at least.
As you opened the tall wooden door, leading to the entrance, you heard a familiar voice, calling out for you:"(y/n)! Rather late today, aren't you?" It was Larry, the night guard, fixing his battery's into his flashlight, which seemed rather dim, the last time you saw it shine.
"Yup, I know. It's pretty hazy today, must have affected my time pace."
"Well as long as it isn't affecting your fun! I have the feeling that your work is going to be a lot more lively today, than usual.", he smirked and let you get away with just a slight nod, already concentrating on your plans for the evening.
All this time you had worked up for the final exhibit. The Egyptian showroom. Since you were a small child, you hadn't entered the room, but remembered it as something rather enchanting.
You felt yourself getting overwhelmingly excited, for no apparent reason. Maybe it was the fact, that it was the last place you had to fully draw, to complete your task of grasping all the beauty in this place. Maybe it was, that it was your first day scribbling in full freedom, you had all the time you want after all.
As you walked down the floor, your steps very audibly on the polished marble, your heart began pumping even louder, it seemed ridiculous. Not ridiculous enough to stop walking though, so you continued. Stepping onto the floor of desired location was enough to wreck your heartbeat entirely for a second, seeing that there was nothing special about the sight of it, made it drop. You had expected something more, something that would be changing your life forever, but here you were trembling like a child, that isn't getting its desired candy in the last aisle.
*Sigh*
It was no good: "Better get drawing then, I suppose."