Chapter 3: Minuet

I woke up the next morning feeling more depressed than I had in a long time. I dragged myself out of bed and sat down at my vanity like I did every morning. I put my make up on darker than usual today and brushed my hair in front of my eyes. It fit my dark mood and made me feel a little more comfortable. I walked to my closet and stared at all my clothes trying to think of what to wear. I decided on a pair of black trip pants that had red trim and black lace. I matched it with a red Abbey Dawn shirt. After changing I looked at myself in the mirror, everything matched but I still just looked so fat and ugly. I walked away from the mirror in disgust and began to figure out what I wanted to do for the day.

I walked down the stairs hoping to to run into anyone. Luckily, no one seemed to be home. I went to the kitchen and got a water bottle out of the fridge. I unscrewed the lid and took a long drink. I needed to find something to do to take my mind off my problems. Since no one was home, I decided to go into the garage and play some music.

Matt and me where Orphaned 4 years ago in a tragic car accident. I was only 16 at the time while Matt was 18. With some of the money, he got from the settlement, which there was a lot of, he legally got custody of me so we wouldn't have to be separated. He then decided to turn the former garage into a sound proof music room. Aiden, Shane, Leo, and him used it for band practice. I used it on occasion to just have a place to get away and play some music. Sometimes, I even helped my brother with writing songs for the band to play. 

I walked into the garage and picked my guitar up off of it's stand. I sat down on one of the couches and got comfortable with the guitar on my lap. I played a few chords to warm up and stretch my fingers. I had been awhile since I last played and it felt good to have my guitar back in my arms. It was a way to focus on something else and just escape. I practice a few songs that I was working on the last time I played. I was still struggling to learn a few Escape the Fate songs but was slowly getting them.

After practicing for over an hour, I decided to play one of my favorite songs by Saosin, "Seven years". I pulled my acoustic guitar a little tighter to my body and began to strum the opening chords while singing.

"Taking on seven years 

the holy ghost had left alone.

Test my arms, kick like crazy. 

I've been trying way too long.

Only push the way off to fight you.

Now I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm not sure.

Getting off my chest

the story ends.

I would find a way without...

Tell him his eyes see too clear.

I would find a way without you.

Tell him his eyes see too clear.

That mistake was gold.

I know that without you

is something that I could never do.

That was why staple the eyes and

seven dates for me to sell machines

and tear on.

Seven years you assured me

that I'd be fine if I complied.

Only push the way off to fight you.

(Only push the way off to fight you.)

Now I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm not sure.