losing her meant losing everything

Camila was stubborn, so stubborn, that her stubbornness was the very reason why she was in this situation.

Camila was a 22 year old fresh out of college. She was 5'2, a brunette, a cuban, and had one hell of a good singing voice. But she was in a bit of a... messy situation to put it in a vague sense. So here she was, leaning against a brick wall behind the bar she just performed at, smoking a cigarette and watching the stars. About half an hour earlier, she had just gotten informed that her ex-girlfriend was engaged to someone that wasn't her.

When Camila was 17 she had gotten recognized by a music & arts college, she broke up with her girlfriend of 5 years because that college she was recognized by, was on the other side of the country to where Lauren was going to college. Lauren begged her to rethink it and that they could work it out, but Camila was too stubborn to listen to her and her heart. When Camila left for college, she texted Lauren and said her apologies.

Camila never got an answer.

So now, on this cold night in Brooklyn, NewYork, she saw the love of her life in the crowd of people.

-
an hour earlier
-

Camila had a gig tonight at a local bar in Brooklyn, that was all Lauren knew. She didn't know why she was here, or more, why she came back. After her former lover broke her heart into ten million pieces, she left NewYork and went straight to Florida. She went into a sort of depression, which of course, led into drinking and drugs. She didn't regret most of what she did, as it was the reason she met her now fiancée Calum Hood. But, her heart called her back, where as her mind was screaming at her to go the fuck back to Florida and forget about the brown eyed cuban.

She didn't listen to her mind.

Camila's voice was as beautiful and as passionate as she remembered. She remembered the first night she ever heard her ex-lover sing.

Flashback

"Camz please. You promised me if I made you food you'd sing for me." Lauren said.

"Yeah, but now I'm feeling, i don't know, i don't wanna do it lo, i hate my voice."

"It's just me Camz, I know i'm gonna love it." The green eyed girl said.

"What if my voice sounds like a dying rat in space." the younger girl sighed.

"Creative analogy. But I don't care."

"Lo..."

"How about if i play guitar, you sing." Lauren suggested. Camila thought about it for a while, eventually she agreed to the proposal and went up to get her guitar.

"It'll be fine baby, just listen to my strumming and forget i'm here."

"It's hard to forget your presence Lo." The older girl chuckled.

"Perhaps so."

Lauren's fingers started strumming the guitar in no particular note. She gave a slight nod to Camila and started playing softly. Camila sighed and started.

Well you only need the light when it's burning low,
Only miss the sun when it starts to snow,
Only know you love her when you let her go, Only know you've been high when you're feeling low,
Only hate the road when you're missin' home,
Only know you love her when you let her go, And you let her go.

Lauren blinked rapidly, trying to figure out how this girl with whom she was in love with, was so beautiful and so goddamned amazing was sitting here in front of her. Lauren must have been too caught up in her thoughts to realize Camila let a tear slip out.