A quiet house, on a quiet street, in a quiet neighborhood, in a quiet town, in a not so quiet world.

A quiet afternoon.

Noise tainted the quiet. Soft fluttery notes, they drifted from the parlor of the perfectly neat house to it's surrounding rooms. They broke the silence and bled through it like thick syrup-y liquid through a crack.

The notes were produced by a piano. And at the piano sat a girl of eight who was dressed in a formal purple dress. The dress was paired with thick purple tights, satin gloves sat strewn onto the ledge of the open grand piano.

Her hair flowed, long, loose, and silky down her back. The bang of her purple-tinted black raven hair was clipped back into a small jeweled flower clip, and a second small jeweled barrett.

The notes that flew from beneath her ivory fingers were smooth and long, and the chords were played in time to the melody.

Her foot, slipped into a pair of smooth black fabric flats, glidded over the sustain petal, pressing and releasing to perfect the rythym of the notes.

The silence was her audience. The silence listened well, and she liked playing for it. She needed no praise, no thanks, the music itself was reward enough.

Her parents were gone from the house. They were at an awards dinner for her father's workplace. They said that they would be home in time to make her dinner if she wished. They said not to wait up if it got too late, eat whatever she wanted if she got hungry.

The small girl adored her parents. Her father was strong and had Chestnut hair, and he smelled of the cologne her mother loved on him.

Her mother had rich, chocolatey hair, thin pale lips that often stretched into a wide, kind smile, long, thick eyelashes. She was tall, but very frail in stature. They were a picture perfect family.

Darkness caressed the walls of the foyer.

The girl played untill she couldn't bare the empty feeling in her core any longer.

She ventured to the pantry ajacent to the kitchen. She grabbed an unopened container of angel food cake. They said anything. She craved the cake's delicate sweetness.

She cut a small piece off and took a small bite. It melted in her mouth and she savored it. She ate, and stared out the window into the snow.

She ate more.

She zoned out, and her vision urged as she focused inward, to focused on her thoughts to see. And then she realized that she couldn't see. For the first time in her life, she couldn't see, she was completely, horribly blind, and it felt numb, yet piercing. And then her vision returned.

This was different.

There was a piercing scream, but only in her head. There were flashes of darkness, the smell of heat, and metallic tastes. Twisted metal. Cold, blistering heat, coolness and once more. Green lights, yellow, red. Blue lights, red lights, white lights, green again.

Deafening silence settled over the house.

There was a tight tickling sensation in the back of her throat, she could feel the nonexistant trickle of warm liquid on her chin, her chest, her hands, her forhead. It rushed invisibly.

She could see two people, faint and blurry. Someone new, a new person's eyes. She prodded with her mind untill the images became clear.

The silence broke.

A scream, all too real this time, ripped through the silence. A man and a woman, her own parents, lay bloody, broken, and mutilated, in the twisted, chared metal of the totaled black Sudan that lay, also, I pieces around them on the ground.

£

(Thank you for reading chapter one! The second should be out shortly! If you have any constructive criticism on how I can make the story better, I accept all of it gratefully! I try to stay from shipping, so if you dont like that, you dont have to worry. This is a long time project of mine, and a quick note, because she was a human, if I progress this so that she eventually meets up/is under control of another pasta, slenderman orotherwise, she would be considered a proxy. I just need to come up with a better name, and I suck at that, ha.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy it, and I'm totally open to suggestions to make this better!