Chapter 1

My thumbs quickly tapped along my cracked screen, clicking different letters.
—————————————- Betty said
(Betty) Boop >
"Gemma are you coming?"
Read 11:24
—————————————-

—————————————- I replied
(Gemma) The Gem >
"Fine, Fine. I'll go"
Sent 11:25
—————————————-

I clicked my phone and it turned off. I put it on my bedside table and laid my head on my soft pillow, the pillow was so soft I couldn't help but drift. Soon enough I was fast asleep.

My eyes fluttered as the light peaked through the curtains and shined at my eye lids, demanding entrance. I wearily opened my eyes. Once I was awake I remembered,

"I'm going to meet up with my friends today!!"

I flung the blankets off me and hopped out of the bed. After I made my bed again, I surfed through baskets and found a bathing suit. It was a black one piece, since I wasn't allowed to where revealing bathing suits, or two pieces.

I haven't seen my friends in a few months so I was really excited! I grabbed a T-Shirt and Jean shorts, I had a piece of toast for breakfast and was out the door! It was about 8:45 and we all where gonna meet up at 9:00 at the pool a little out of town.

————————————- Kendrea said
(Kendrea) Kat >
"At the pool almost out of town and at 9 AM? No one will be there. Not even security to check any type of bag or cards!!"
————————————-

I remember Kendrea's text about the pool. This is the most daring thing I have ever done!!!- I have strict parents so I'm a Goodie Two Shoes by force. But when did following the rules become a bad thing?! As I walk along the road I start to imagine all the bad things that could happen to us.

"What if someone pops out of the bushes and kills us?!"

"BOO!"

"AHHHHH—"

I shriek in fear as right when I blurt out my bad daydream a high pitched voice shouted "Boo!" At me. I turn and I see it's just my friend Bunny. She was coming to the pool with us, and even though we live a few streets away I wasn't expecting to bump into her.

I roll my eyes at her abrupt introduction.

"Hey Gemma-!" She says as if nothing happened in her bright happy-go lucky voice.

"Hey Bunny..." I say sighing and laughing.

We smile and take a second to laugh a bit, before we continue to walk. The talking soon became more silent as we heard an abundance of slurred out voices.

"Shhhh!!" And

"Shush!" In all directions.

I look up to see a creaky old gate and all my friends. They all smile at each other with their evil, dare devil, smug, smirk, and I have this nervous quirky, look that's different from all my friends. But they don't notice that.

Then, without any hesitation opened the gate that led to the entrance of the pool. They walked in and sat at a rusty bench. I walked behind all of them nervously and sat at the edge of the musty old bench. They all started to take off their clothes to reveal their colorful revealing bathing suits. As I, took off my clothes to a black one piece. That's normal for us though.

They all use the ladder to go straight to the dark, scary deep end. I look at all of them who seem to be swimming around and getting used to the waters. I put on a float and go to the shallow end. I promised myself I would get used to the deep water after.