IV

I was cleaning the mirrors around my solitary house today and halfway through, I just stopped.

I took a long look at the reflection of myself in the mirror and I cried because I didn't recognise her. tears flooded out and I was glued to the spot for an hour.

how can you not recognise yourself?

the lady staring back at me with sallow skin, blackheads, drab hair and several flaws- is someone who's in immense pain. the person that I see is someone who fell in love a little too hard, too swift.

but the significant other didn't.

the mirror brings back a memory as I continue to wipe down the glass. a secluded but vivid memory from our time together.

do you remember the time you made love to me in front of the mirror? your practical fingers inside of me as my head leaned back on your shoulder- your front against my back. that's my girl left your torturous lips as I finished. then you kissed me like you loved me.

but you never did.

and I wish I had the guts to see you and say fuck you to your face. but I can't because I don't know where you are or what you're doing. and I know for a fact that you're fine and I'm still trying to move on.

from someone who's imprinted onto me emotionally.