Chapter 1: The First Traitor

"What?!" shouted Thanos. In front of Thanos, Ebony Maw squirmed uncomfortably. 

"You mean to say I'm not invincible? I need one more stone?" Thanos continued.

"Correct, sir. A blow to the head will kill you. The final stone is on your home planet, Titan. The Guard Stone," said Maw.

Thanos was on a ship going to Asgard, which Thanos thought was his final stop to control the universe. 

"So if that God of Thunder had struck me in the head, I would be dead?" roared Thanos. 

"That is correct, sir. First we need to go to the remains of Asgard, and with..." Maw stopped. Just outside the ship, he saw the familiar red and gold suit. Ironman! But to Maw, he seemed...big. Bigger than usual, anyway.

 "I see we have company," Thanos chuckled. "Tell the Black Order to let him in. I'll have a bit of fun."

A couple minutes later, Ironman was thrown on board, only for Maw to discover it was Bruce Banner in a Hulkbuster suit. 

"What do we have here?" asked Thanos. "Another pitiful human, useless without a metal suit."

"We'll see how useless I am!" snarled Banner as he shot a ray out of his Hulkbuster suit. Thanos easily blocked it, and then forcibly removed Banner from the suit.

"Very useless!" laughed Thanos, as he kicked away the Hulkbuster suit. "Why would they pick you to add to the so-called Avengers? Unless you have some secret power..."

"He must be the brains of the operation!" offered Maw. 

"Hmm," pondered Thanos. "I am tempted to make you an offer. Tell me more."

"I'll tell you nothing!" shouted Banner, getting frustrated.

"He's feisty, too," joked Thanos. "Alright, I'll make you an offer: You can join me or you can die. Which one?"

"DIE!" shouted Banner, and he knew he made a mistake. He'd gotten so angry, he began twisting and shifting and before he knew it, he'd turned into a big, green monster. The Hulk. 

"We meet again, I see," Thanos smirked. " Impressive. I would've killed you, but your strength and smarts are too much to pass on. I've changed the offer. Either you work for me, or the God of Thunder and your other friend die,"

Guessing the other friend was Valkyrie, Hulk knew he couldn't let Thor and Valkyrie die. All Thanos would have to do is snap his fingers, and they would both die. "Work for you," Hulk said.

"Great." Thanos smiled. "Maw, pick up the speed. Asgard lies ahead. After all, we wouldn't want to keep the goddess of death waiting,"