IV. Café

A week had passed since the encounter, a week of Lisa drowning herself to studies and practice, a week of exhausting herself to the extent of staying at the theater room just to dance, her only way of letting her sadness, frustrations out and escaping from the reality.

Tonight is no exemption, Lisa stayed in the studio until 9 o'clock in the evening until her body seeks for food and rest so she complied, having her body collapse due to overworking is the last thing she'll ever want to happen.

After gathering all her stuffs and changing to oversized jacket and sweatpants, Lisa heads straight to the open café right across the university to have something to eat.

Her colleagues found out her routine right after school and practice when Wendy, another theater lead and colleague, saw her in the studio - dancing to different songs, drenched in sweat. They observed her for another day until Seulgi ended her silence and scolded her for overworking.

"We know you want this to be successful especially this is your first year but you need to stop staying here so late just to practice. Wendy saw you twice around 9 o'clock, only had a bottle of water lying on the floor! Jesus Lisa, if something happens to you, we're over and you'll never be able to perform all throughout your college. You want that?" Seulgi says as the other members, basically her seniors, agreed.

Seulgi is right though, if she ever falls terribly ill, the council will immediately ban her from the club until she graduates. And that's game over for her. Scouts from different agencies in the industry of Theater Arts and Music would visit their annual plays to scout future talents and if she ever missed this year - it's over. Scouts are known to recruit freshmen and would visit the future plays to check on their recruits and another batch of freshmen, they never really scout sophomores, juniors and seniors because all of them are basically already recruited.

Leaving no options, she promised to not stay over 9 o'clock though, it took so much convincing and promises just to get the access back until 9 and because of these extended practices, Lisa never had any decent sit down talks with her friends for almost 2 weeks.

She had her earphones stuck in her ears while she eats her pasta and drink when she felt eyes on her. Ignoring the uneasiness, Lisa finishes her food and leaving her with her drink.

Unable to take the feeling of being watched anymore, Lisa stares forward and immediately stops drinking and breathing. There, 5 tables away from her, she had her eyes and gaze locked with none other than, Jennie.

She wasn't even aware that she'd been holding her breath until her lungs screamed for oxygen, it nauseated her. Shit.

The person right across Jennie turns after a few moments, probably noticed her silence, and the sting grows much stronger, it's Mark.

'They're probably on their date. Fuck.'

She smiles and curtly waves at the man when he initiated the greetings, after that, Jennie and Mark talked again. Trying to focus on her drink and crawling back to her shell of darkness and pain, covering her features with her big hoodie, Lisa feels suffocated.

'Out of all places. I guess I won't ever visit this area anymore.'

She finishes her drink before she stands up to exit the place, her nausea grows stronger, it made her dizzy. She needs to get out of that place as soon as possible.

On the other hand, Jennie saw her standing up with her hoodie covering her head. Just like what happened a week ago, she found herself jerking when Lisa almost fell again, causing a rattle sound that buzzed the entire café. Hand disappearing inside her hoodie.

One of the staffs approached the girl to probably check on her. She saw Lisa shaking her head then a nod, she then bows before leaving the place.

Jennie's eyes are still following her feature who went passed by their glass window, hoodie still on while tightly gripping on the strap of her bag.

Mark's head tilts as his eyes too are following Lisa's figure, ready to jump in action just in case something worse would happen. "She's probably too exhausted."

Jennie stares back at her boyfriend. "How could you say so?"

"Saw her couple of times inside the theater studio, dancing and singing, alone." Eyes never leaving the brunette's figure until she disappears inside the bus.

Jennie's forehead creases. "How many times?"

Mark looks at Jennie as he squints his eyes, thinking. "I think like 2 weeks now? Not sure. Seulgi told me about it. Man that girl had too much passion and a perfectionist." Shaking his head. "How are you not aware of it anyway?"

"Because I've never seen her that much."

"Because you obviously don't care."

"Excuse me?" she snaps, feeling irritated and insulted.

"Forgive me for saying this but it's like you had a growing dislike towards her, babe. You're in one circle of 'friends'.." Making air quotations with his fingers. "..yet you only consider her as an acquaintance. I must say, it's very cruel."

Jennie couldn't find her voice to retort while her boyfriend starts talking about something related to basketball she couldn't understand as she found herself zoning out, jaws clenching