moonlit waves.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄♡♥♡▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

right as me and Taeyong were about to get in the water, my phone dinged. i sighed and walked over to see what it was about.

soph🤪: i see you're having fun

me: sksksk says youuu

soph🤪: pft what do you mean?

me: i saw you and Markie poo sucking face...

soph🤪: ew don't say it like that🤢

i turned off my phone and hid it in the pile of clothes. i walked down and joined Taeyong in the sparkling, moonlit water. we both swam to an area where we could both stand but still be covered by the water.

his dark eyes sparkled nonstop which made it hard to look away from them.

i spoke up. "so, what's your story?"

"oh, its kind of a long one."

" hey i'm here to listen."

"well, i was born in Seoul, South Korea. when i was like 3, my mother passed from sickness and me and my dad moved to San Diego, California, here." the waves were almost pushing us closer together. "i graduated 3 years ago and went to college for only two years until i just stopped going."

"wow. that right there is a life story."

"what about you?" he asked. i was now only a few inches away, looking up at him.

"well, I was born and raised here. my mother moved to California with my dad when she was 3 months pregnant with me. but actually, she didn't know she was pregnant until two weeks after they got here. she genuinely thought she was just getting fat." I chuckled a bit at the thought. "I think it's weird that you came from Korea though, because that's actually where my parents moved from."

"oh really?"

I nodded. "yeah. anyways, when I was seven my dad got ill, like really ill. he had five weeks or so and I just remember everyday after school instead of going home I would go to see him in the hospital." it got silent. I could feel his body heat radiating off of him. it only really drew me closer to him. we were now actually only an inch away. "nothing else really major has happened, I guess i'm glad that I graduated."

he nodded. "we're pretty alike in that." I giggled and flipped my hair, it accidentally whipping him in the face. I gasped still laughing and cupped his face, my other hand resting on his shoulder. his body seemed to loosen up with my touch instead of tense, of which I expected from him.

my face was straight now, along with his. it was quiet all around except for the sound of crashing waves. there was a gentle breeze flowing through both of our hair.  we were both inching closer until I looked to the moon.

the moon was full and the sky was speckled with little stars that looked like glitter in the night sky. I took my hands off of his shoulders and turned my whole body towards the moon. the water was cold, and the waves were pretty raged. I shivered.

"are you cold? we can get out if you need to."

I shook my head, "it's okay. i'm okay."

"are you sure cause--" he stoped talking after I placed my hand on his chest. he was warm and my hand was freezing. I felt bad that I was probably making him cold so I drew my hand away. suddenly, he reached his two hands out and brought my hand back to his chest. I looked at him with wonder in my eyes. his face softened, and suddenly we weren't so far apart anymore.

in the middle of all of the events I must've inched my way closer to him on accident, along with him doing the same thing.

we were inches apart.

so close I could feel his hot breath on my cheek.

so close he could hear my heart pounding.

then, silence. no extra sounds, and if there were they've already faded into the background. he and I just stared for a minute. then he started leaning in, and I found myself leaning in too.

what are you doing, sammy? I thought to myself. but, I didn't listen. I didn't care at this moment in time. it was a thought and it left my thoughts as soon as it came.

our lips met. I felt as if I was floating. his hands trailed from my neck all the way down to my hips, and they rested there. my left hand rested on the nap of his neck while my right hand started to run through his hair. he sunk into my touch. our mouths moved together, like a perfect harmony. his kisses trailed down to my neck now. my neck rolled back and he left tiny bite marks against my skin. he started to trail further and I inched back a little bit.

"okay, okay." he looked up at me and I could see the shyness creep back to him. his cheeks started to flush and the sexy roughness went away. far, far away. I sighed heavily and tucked my hair behind my ear.

"i'm sorry, was that too much? I shoulda—" again, for what felt like the 40th time this night, I cut him off. I put my finger over his lips.

"shh. stop talking if it's just gonna be word jumble. it's okay. you don't need to worry so much."

he nodded and I took my finger off of his mouth. I started to walk out of the water and turned around when I realized I was the only one up. I looked at him with confusion written on my face. he was just staring at me. I snapped my fingers,

"hello," he flinched, "are you coming?" he nodded and started getting out of the water along side me.

we were now out of the water and I was freezing. we had no towels, and only had our clothes we needed dry. he picked up our clothes and quickly grabbed my hand.

we walked at a fast pace back to the bonfire. everyone looked at us with confusion and contentment. cocked eyebrows and smirks... I scoffed and rolled my eyes at them as taeyong dragged me past them.

we got to a spot and he dropped our clothes on a cooler. he dug through a bag and grabbed something. it was a folded up beach towel with flower print on it. he unfolded it with his one hand and then took my hand out of his. he reached the towel behind me and draped it over my head. wrapping it tightly, he smiled at me.

"Cute."

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄♡♥♡▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

sorry for the delay in posting.. i suck:(

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄♡♥♡▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄