This World is Crazy

I woke up in the morning all cranky. I hated it. I wasn't a morning person. Being a wolf had made my life miserable. Every night I have to patrol around our property to guard our place. Me being the only one who can smell a can tuna from a mile away, I had to stay awake till two or three in the morning giving me hardly any time to properly rest. But being a wolf had its advantages since my body degradation is less to non. So I hardly got any dark circles under my eyes and with a few hours of sleep I could still run about the whole town like a maniac being chased by a rabid dog.

  I got up had my regular routine work done. I slipped on a green y back tank top and my favorite black leather jacket and black jeans. I put on my choker necklace which was made of elegant black lace that helped me cover my mark on my throat.

  I said good bye to Michella and was off to college. The campus was on the other side of the town so I had to cover half of town to reach there. I got on my black motorcycle and blasted off. I rode around town and caught a few scents. There was watermelon, tea leaves, iced tea scents and a few more weird ones. I looked through my helmet and found a few of the wolves roaming around, going in and out of shops and sped my bike to avoid them and took other routes to avoid a few.

  I finally reached my campus. I parked my baby and sprayed a can of room freshener on it. You know just in case someone comes here, there weren't supposed to catch my scent on it. It wouldn't help much but it would buy time for me. I was early today since I sped my bike. I walked around campus and found a few early birds around. Most were professors and the janitors.

  The one problem of this town was that most of them were humans. Scratch that all of them were human so if any damn wolf came along I would be easily spotted with my scent even Michella. Although I did find some sorcerers and witchs in the town and ofcourse we stay out of each other's businesses.

  I texted Michella.

Spotted wolves around town. Be careful. They are more in number today.

Her reply immediately came.

Got it. Stay safe. Keep your phone with you and keep updating.

  I became like Michella's watchdog.  I didn't mind although it took most of my energy and I saved our lives many times before. This situation still boggled me. Why are they here? Did they find us? Who are they? Are they here for us or something else?

  I knew one thing. A group of wolves at one spot and not pouncing on each other means that they belong to a single pack or many be alias. But this town was no one's territory. Wolves have their territories marked and any wolve- may it be a rogue or a wolf of other pack without permission is caught and killed. Wolves usually had their territories in the mountains, forests or hills. This town was on a plain the forests were far off beyond it. Something was definitely off.

~¤~

  "Should we leave?" I asked Michella when she got back from home and freshened up. She looked tired. She sighed and slumped into the couch and closed her eyes. Silence filled the living room.

  "We don't know why they are here", she responded still with her eyes closed.

  "We can't take risks you know", I leaned forward from my couch. We sat at the fireplace. I was too tensed.

  "We still don't know why they are here", she muttered.

  "I know you might me tired of moving.  We have been running since a long time. This place is great and we had such a peaceful time", I reasoned when Michella sat straight and cut me off.

  "Running away hasn't been an option to us Anna. It has been a compulsion. You know moving is hard and you know we live in a village.  People know you even if you don't. Heck people even describe you as Sarah Greene the badass", she hissed.

  "If we start moving people will notice.  Questions will be asked and those wolves you saw didn't seem they were shopping right?" she hissed on. She was right if we try to move like a normal person would the news will spread. Stupid people who don't mind their own businesses. I kept cussing.

  "Running Away? " it cane out more like a question than an option.

  "Running away would clear their suspicion. If they are searching for us and if they have narrowed down to few people, we will just make things easier for them. They'll catch us sooner", she rubbed for forehead. It got me to think that she was getting me a headache.

  "So what do you suggest? "I asked hesitantly.

  "Stay calm. Just avoid them. They can't smell you. They'll know you are a rogue. Even if it isn't their territory they might smite you", she covered her face with her hand.

  "This world is crazy", I muttered. I got up and paced around the room. The situation was becoming itchy for me.

  "What's their problem? "I cussed.

  "You want to know their problem. Even if you're not causing any trouble. The fact that you are with me. And ofcourse 'David' or who ever he was told his Alpha that you were with 'The Maiden' and you killed Morris, who was a member of the Dominance. Should I add more?" she looked at me as she dropped her hand.

  "And we killed David oh and by the David was his code name. I don't know his really one", she slummed into the couch again.

  "So we are most wanted I guess?" I stopped and looked at her.

  "Yes time to celebrate with a mini Mexican wave and popping Champaign. YES WE ARE THE MOST WANTED! "she said dramatically.

  "I won't be surprised if they come knocking at our doors tomorrow", she sighed.

  "So much for killing a raping bastard and an arrogant bitch..oh I have no more words", I dropped on the couch frustrated. I heard Michella sigh.

  "Yeah and about the other witchs that were there in the prison? I never asked you about them", I looked at her.

  "Yeah they weren't witchs but sorcerers. I also don't know what in the name he had sorcerers locked up. They hardly get involved in werewolf business. Morris was up to something and up until now I don't have a clue what is was", she stared as the fire blazed on.

  Boy we were in a pickle! And it's not yet confirm if we were or not. Hilarious!