gone (david + liza)

David's pov

I was laying in bed. I had a okay day, got lots of work done and had some laughs with my friends but it could have been better. After a long day, I got the my friends to leave so I can finally get some rest. I checked my phone, 1:07. "Damn it" I thought to myself, "I am gonna be so tired tomorrow". The house seemed so still, so quiet when the day wined down and everyone left. I pushed off my bed and dragged my feet to the bathroom.

After I finished brushing my teeth and doing my bathroom needs, I crashed back into my memory foam mattress. Heat from the freshly dried fluffy covers overtook me and I slipped my shirt off. I got under the sheets and my heavy eyelids closed, dozing me off into dreams...

~~~~

Knuckles tapped on my front door. I groaned and checked my phone, 3:45. Who the fuck knocks at someone's door at 3 in the morning?? I forced myself off my bed and shrugged on my shirt as I went to the door. I didn't think to check the peephole because I was so tired. I cracked open the door and my heart did an acrobatic routine.

"l-liza?" oh my, I had so many questions. What's wrong? Why she looks so sad? And most importantly, What is she doing here at 3 am?

Her head hung from her shoulders and she had her arms wrapped around her tiny waist, she looked embarrassed. I couldn't help to notice she was wearing David's vlog merch with the hood covering her beautiful face.

"Hey" she barely spoke out and tugged a fallen curl around her ear.

"Hey, um you can come. If you want"

She makes a slight nod with her head. I rub my eyes not believing what I am hearing or seeing. I stepped to the side letting her in.

Liza swiftly sneaks her body past mines leaving a trail of her delicious sent. The familiar smell of warm vanilla welcomed my nostrils. I took a look at her ass but forced myself to look away. She didn't look me in the eyes which wasn't surprising, she hasn't done that alot after the break up.

"What's up?" I finally said.

"Nothing much", A long pause stretched. She welcomed herself into my kitchen. Her shoes paced on the floor. If she were anyone else I would've told her to take them off but come on, its was Liza.

My body craved to scoop her up and ask her what's wrong but I kept some distance between us and sat on one of the stools. She pulled her hood off and tapped her fingertips on the counter across from me. Liza made the cute face I was too familiar with. She chewed on her swollen lips which means she's thinking and by the way it was going, she struggling to say something..to me. I stood quiet and gave her time and patiently waited for her to process whatever she's trying to say. I couldn't help to notice her little button nose was a slight shade of red. Damn, L.A. gets frigid at night. How long has she been outside?

"Want some hot chocolate?" A little blade sliced my heart when I said that sentence. Her eyes glanced up but then looked away. I knew exactly what was going through her mind. The wonderful countless nights we would spend drinking disgusting hot chocolate, talking for hours into the night.

I got a pot, a little brown packet, and some milk together. This was probably the only other thing I knew how to make other than cereal. As the milk started to boil and poured the hot chocolate mix inside.

Little arms snaked their way around my waist and clasped in front of me. Time slowed down and I didn't know what to say. I felt liza's head touch my back and I sunk in to the embrace. I looked down at her manicured hands on my body and smiled but, as fast as those little hands got there is as fast as they went away. I felt cold and empty when I heard the common sound of a stool moving. I looked down at the pot and continued to stir.

Once the nasty concoction I just made began to boil I got some mugs and poured some inside. I garnished the tops with marshmallows and slid a mug to liza and tried to unscramble the puzzle in her. I sat next to her and stared at my mug. I saw her lift the mug up to her full, bruised lips and take a sip.

I scoffed out a little laugh, "how's it taste?"

"Nauseating" I felt her smile and my heart swelled.

"ooo I haven't heard that one before" I sneer. The room grew quiet again. I hated those moments. We used to have so much to say to each other but a wall stands between us, at least it was to me.

Liza pushed her mug away from herself and took a deep breath. I prepared for shots words she's was going say and looked down. But seconds passed and she didn't say anything. I felt her fingertips tickle around my ear as she played with my messy head of hair. I stood quiet and kept to myself. Then, I felt her staring at me and a hand on my thigh. A jolt of energy skyrocketed through me and I spoke up.

"Liza what are you doing?" I said a little too roughly and I instantly regret that. I turned to her and I was overwhelmed by her attractiveness. Her eyes had a dangerous look in them and her body felt extremely close to me. Her eyes looked deeply into mines and like the soft idiot I am, my heart melted onto the table like, froyo under the beating summer sun.

I looked down at the hand that didn't want to move off me and then back at her. I was about to speak up until I felt her lips graze against mines. I froze but I collected myself to press them back. The kiss felt infinite but not long enough. She pulls away, I am greeted by her chocolate pools she calls eyes. Then she says something I thought she would never say.

"David I want you", I heard and practically crumpled and couldn't believe she's so smooth with me. I choked and didn't know what to say. I mean, I had been dreaming of this moment but my words didn't seem to leave my tongue and out my mouth. I just nodded in response even though it wasn't a question.

She swifty hopped off the stool and walked up between my legs. Soft hands caressed my jaw and her body demanded me, her warmth invaded me. We smashed our lips back together again. I didn't hesitate and I skimmed my hand on her hip pulling her closer. Our tongues explored known territory once more and we are trapped in each other. I stood and we parted in kiss. She grabbed my wrist and trailed around my house like an expert and found my room.

~~~~~

I woke up when the worst sound I could ever hear goes off at exactly 9:00 am. I wanted groan when I woke but, the memories of last night pranced around my head when I felt that I was nude under the sheets. Just hours ago we couldn't keep our hands off each other. Hands grasped and pulled at whatever they could grab. We gave enough kisses to cover our skin 3 times over. Our bodies pressed and moved concomitantly. We held each other like it was the last day on earth. We burned in desire and every kiss distinguished the fire in the pits of our stomachs. For the first time in forever I felt like whole again.

I quickly shifted to my right to be overwhelmed by empty sheets and my heart sliced a new wound again. Gone.

~~~~~

"So that's all you remember from your last encounter with liza, Mr. Dobrik?"

I tug on the suffocating collar of my buttoned up shirt.

"Yes, sir"

"Okay, then lets go on to the next witness"