Some other people//N.S

Imagine having a sleepover that becomes something way cooler with Noah Schnapp, your best friend...
...

I stand impatiently at Noah's door, tapping my foot on the ground.

I hear the locks click and the door swings open.

"Ah, just the lady I was hoping for," He says with a big grin.

"And just the guy I was hoping for," I say back with a half smile.

"Come in," He ushers me through the door.

I look around the house, it's the same as it always is, and it's cute and cozy, just how I love it.

"I really don't think I need to tell you where everything is, you practically live here," He snorts.

"That is true," I set my bag at the bottom of the stairs and follow him into the kitchen.

The smell of ground beef sizzling in a pan swirls through my nose.

"Hey, Mrs. Schnapp," I say, plopping myself into a chair.

"Oh my, Y/n," She grins, "How many times do I have to tell you, call me Margaret."

I laugh, "Alright."

"But, what a pleasant surprise having you here," She walks over and wraps her arms around me.

"Thanks?" I ask. It's usually not that much of a surprise that I'm over at his house.

"Oh," She laughs, "Didn't you hear?"

"Hear what?" I laugh nervously.

"Tim and I are going on a cruise," She said smiling, "Its going to be for a week, but we trust Noah enough to leave him home, and the neighbor, Leah will make sure he's alright, but I told him he could have one, maybe two or three friends over at a time."

"Oh," I look over at him, "Anyone else coming?"

He nods, "Um, Millie and Gaten are coming."

"Cool," I say, grinning. I don't really know Gaten well but he's really cool.

"I would invite Sadie, but you know, it's be weird to have all girls, right?" He says, smiling, "But um, y/n, why don't we bring your stuff up to my room, I've got things to tell you."

"Sure," I say, standing up.

He leads me to the stairs and he begins telling me as we walk up.

"So, it's not just gonna be the four of us tonight," He says, nervously.

"What?" I hiss, "Your mom said she-"

"Shh!" He hisses back, "I really just want to try something, Jesus."

We reach the top of the stairs and I cross my arms, cocking my eyebrow.

"Y/n," He pushes, "Were juniors now, I haven't thrown a party yet, you have, my social status is crippling!"

"Fine," I say, tossing bag into his room, "So Sadie is coming, then."

"Yes, and Finn, Caleb, and some other people," He says as we make our way back down the stairs.

"Some other people," I snort, "What a tiny party."

"Not some other people," He groans, "A lot of other people, and alcohol but no drugs, if someone has drugs I'm kicking them out-"

His mom walks through the kitchen door, my heart drops. Somehow not hearing him, she walks up the stairs.

"She has hearing issues now," He says, "She's getting it checked out when she gets back."