Before he left

Sorry for any grammar errors

Armin's POV

I remember that day like it was yesterday. I was at home with my grandfather when I got a text from Eren telling me to meet him at a coffee shop. As I was heading over to the coffee shop to meet Eren I got another text from him "Make sure you come alone" why do I have to come alone? As I walk into the coffee shop I see Eren sitting at a table just looking at his coffee.

"Hey Eren why did you call me here and why did I have to come alone?" I said hoping to get an answer

"Armin I have some bad news and I just needed to tell you before anyone else," He said not looking up from his cup of coffee

"What's wrong Eren you can tell me anything"

"I'm leaving," He said looking up at me 

"What why?" 

"My dad's job is moving him and I have to leave" 

"When are you leaving?"

"I'm leaving in two days," He said trying to seem happy

"Well then, we'll make the most of it," I said with a smile

That was 6 years ago. Once Eren left we texted every day and always called each other he told me about how he is going to medical school and going to become a doctor like his dad. Eren seemed happy he made new friends but told me he missed our old group of friends, he stayed in contacted with all them too except for Jean and Mikasa. Once Eren told everyone individually he decided to tell Mikasa last because he knew how hard it would be. Once he reached Mikasa's house he noticed a car parked in her driveway and soon realized it was Jean's, he went into the house and found Jean and Mikasa kissing. This broken Eren's heart and the sad part is Mikasa and him were dating for 3 years.

After Eren saw all this he changed his number so she wouldn't call him, he gave his number to only a few people Me, Connie, Sasha, Reiner, Bertolt, Krista, Ymir, Annie, and Mikasa's cousin Levi. He gave Levi his number because Levi and Eren had a good friendship that they weren't going to stop just because of Mikasa. We all meet Eren at the airport the day he left we all said our goodbyes and waited for him to return. 

I haven't seen Eren in a while he tells me he grew a bit and has been working out more since high school, but I haven't seen him in person yet. He told me that he might come to visit once he finishes his semester in college. I was excited to hear this because it meant I would get to see my best friend again. As I was heading to my next class I got a call from Eren.

"Hey Armin"

"Hey Eren what's up"

"Nothing I was just wondering what you were up to?"

"Not much just heading to class, did you need something?"

"Kinda I was wondering if you could pick me up from the airport this Friday?"

"What I thought your semester didn't end until a few more weeks?!"

"Well I ended up finishing earlier than expected, and I was hoping to come back and say hi to you and the old group"