C H A P T E R O N E ~ THE BEGINNING

Maybe it was your five year old self, or maybe the fact that you really did like Colby, everything was so unclear at the time. Him staring down at you as he has always been taller, his sky blue eyes looking into yours, as if he was staring past all your mistakes and lies from the past. You had just moved to Kansas. And your parents were looking for a big enough house in the country, and somehow they bought the one house next to Colby Brock, your 'little crush' he was only two years older then you. He acted like your older brother, always protective. He stuck up for you no matter what, even if you were wrong.

"You okay y/n?" His soft mesmerizing voice left you in thought, he grabbed your hand to help you up.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just want to learn the monkey bars" he looked at you with a smirk, followed by a sigh. He rubbed some dirt of your cheek, you felt a sting as he carefully lifted his thumb off, you saw a smudge of red-ish, pink on his hand.

"Uh, your bleeding just a little bit" he said reaching into his pockets for something, since he was a seven year old his pockets were filled with random shit.
You looked at him dumbfounded and gave him a goofy five year old smile. He pulled out a crinkled up napkin and gently rubbed it against your cheek, cleaning off all the dirt and mush.

"Why doesn't it hurt?" You asked sitting criss cross looking into his eyes as curious as could be.

"Hmm I don't know, count yourself lucky" he said in a soft and caring tone, he was paying close attention to what he was doing being careful enough not to hurt you in any way.

5 minutes pass and you both are laying down on the grass looking up at the sky, figuring out what shapes the clouds turn into, Colby points out one cloud and at first you think its a bunny, but you start to look from other angles and realise that its a heart.

You stand up and head back to the monkey bars and climb your way up the latter right as your about to latch on to the bars above you, you feel hands on your waist as you get lifted up. "What are you doing y/n?" You tried your best not to kick him as you swayed from bar to bar. You had this gigantic smile that went from ear to ear as you were so proud of yourself for completing the set of monkey bars with and without Colby's help.

"Now or never! Right?" You cheered enthusiastically as you made your way down the stairs. He gave you a smile before walking with you back forwards the House's.

He picked up a rock and started throwing it in the air, of course you did the same, which made him let out a chuckle. You don't remember the last time you saw Colby in shorts because he always wore either jeans, jogger's, or sweatpants. And his black jeans had grass stains all over them, along with his grey hoodie. You've only known this stranger for 5 months and somehow you guys have become each others Best friend in such a short period of time, your parents weren't very found of Colby him being 2 years older, and you guys literally spending hours on end with each other.

"Colbs?"

"Yeah?"

"We're best friends right?" You peeked a look at him, making sure he was paying attention to you. And infact he was, he was looking at you as if he were about to cry.

"Yes of course we are, and we will always be! correct?" He let out a chuckle while smiling, you scooted closer and looped your arm around his, he didn't move away or do anything except for give you a kiss on the for head.

Which is were you guess everything started....

I know I know, what a great ending!! ;)) This is my first chapter in this amazing book, now keep in mind... This is a throwback chapter so it was before highschool and middle school, but I will be updating soon! Can you please spread the word of this book? See you guys next week or possibly sooner!💕

XOXO,
- Kylie L.