I : It Starts

At a young age, I knew I was special. Not in a conceited way either. I guess that's what got me into this mess in the first place. Being special means being different in Society today. Everyone is the same, but also different. That's what makes us special.

I never really believed in science until my father showed me the basics. I would sit with him and watch him tinker with his gadgets, like a child building and tearing apart legos. After my father left, I wasn't very fond of science. He always made it interesting for me. So, I got into magic and witchcraft. Only to find out that it was my destiny. I started growing comfortable with my new powers and myself. I would create potions that helped my mother for her sick days. Everything seemed perfect. Until my life went downhill drastically.

"Yes mom, I have my schedule." I sigh at my mother's antsy attitude.

"Oh, honey you know I just want you to be ready. These schools in Japan are very advanced!" She dusted off my uniform and continued to ramble. "Did you pack your lunch?!" Mother's voice began to bounce off the walls of the empty school yard. 

"Yes."

"Also, do you have th-"

"Yes mom."

"Okay.. What about your s-"

"Spare shoes? In my backpack." I show a cheeky smile, hoping it would calm her down.

"I guess my little high school junior is always ready..." She chuckles and carresses my face with her small, withered hand. "You're getting so big.." I could tell something was bothering her. She often stared into space if something was on her mind. I sigh once more and hum.

"And the world does too, Mom." Her eyes just looked down at my hands. Her gaze dropped at the flashing colors on my wrist. My father's bracelet. He was an amazing scientist. Sadly, he went to India years back for an important discovery. It was confidential business so me and my mother were left in the dark. My mother was infuriated that he chose science over our family. Honestly, I could care less. Even though I miss him, I knew that he had a life before me. "Mom, I'm still gonna be here even after I graduate." I giggle.

"That's not what I'm worried about." Her tone changed. "I'm worried about what happened at your 'last' school." I roll my eyes. "You think I shouldn't worry, especially what happened to you?"

"Mom.. It's fine. Its not like people followed me from California to Japan. That's a waste of money and time." I laugh. She wasn't convinced.

"Honey, don't go showing off like you did back there, promise?" She looked me dead into my eyes and glared.

"Fine, but if anyone asks me about it, I'm going to be honest." I felt something strike against my forearm.

"You won't say anything you mean." Her menacing, yet cute look made me smile.

"Sure mom." I tease. She sighs and rolls her eyes.

"You play too much, you know that?" She brushes off the invisible dust on my green skirt. "Now." She grabs my arms and twists my body to face her. She was really short compared to me, so I had to look down. "Have fun on your first day!" She hugs my arms with her petite body and squeezed. "I love you babygirl." She says lovingly.

"Love you too mom." I hug back with a smile.

/////////

It was my first few hours of the school and it was going pretty well. I've already made some friends. Miki Makimura and Miko Kuroda. The two fastest runners on the track. They seem pretty cool and nice, but I had a feeling about them. I could tell there was competition between the two.