Part 1

Saying goodbye to everyone on the last day of school wasn't really anything exciting or sad for me, no screams and hugs, no tears or contact exchange and definitely no plans to meet up with anyone over the break.

I sat at the back of the class watching as Rebbeka Knowl hand out invitations to her summer party (an Annual event since 7th Grade when her Dad became a millionaire from his excellent baking skills)

but it's not that I wanted an invitation; I always thought it a waste of time to 'hang out' with the same set of 17 year olds who wouldn't second guess sending around embarrassing pictures of you to the entire school, just to build their reputation and distroy yours.
Anyways

Just 4 hrs. and 30 minutes left and i'd be off to the Caribbean with my parents, Mom had finally gotten a raise in her salary large enough to treat the family this summer.

I couldn't wait to relax on a beautiful beach, get a genuine tan (not like the fake ones that are common this time of year) and to drink coconut water from a real coconut and definitely to be away from the screams of girls who's insecurities are higher than an eagle pitched on the peak of Mount Everest and away from boys who think that every girl is the same and try to treat you as such.

Thinking about this is making me more anxious. Uggh!

The sound of the first period bell brings me back to my sad reality that I still had to listen to, smile with, sit beside and attend classes with these human beings called peers for the next four hours.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day couldn't have been any longer, I put my blue biology lab book into my brown Jansport bag and zip it up.

Standing I can feel my butt ache from sitting for 2 hrs. on one of the most uncomfortable chairs made; as I've always said I think they are perfect in that they succeed in making you feel like you trully are in a prison, and they match the grey walls that are in every classroom except for the ones who's guards (teachers) gave there students tasks to make charts and have them cover the walls, hiding the reality that you were sent to prison, every day by your parents for most of the year.

Anyways

So yes as I made my way through the locker hall that by now was loud and crammed with 15-17 yr. Olds shouting and screaming and making a big deal about it being the last day, I stop at my locker to clear it out. I only had my Chemistry and Mathematics text book and my mirror to take out, all my other books were already home.

Opening my locker and looking into the mirror I see how beautifully my appearance matches the whole prison vibe.

My unrully chocolate brown 4a curls managed to get out of the messy bun I had put them in in the morning and fall on to my shoulders. My dark brown eyes are puffy from no sleep the night before (I have my reasons), and my caramel colored skin aching for sunlight just like a prisoner in solitary confinement.

My black Adidas sweatpants and oversized light blue pull over are perfect for the prison look, they also make my petite 5 feet 2 inches body look extra short..

While admiring my perfect prisoncharacter outfit my eyes land on someone behind me who is looking at and moving directly towards me. The one person who i had been avoiding for 2 months. Perfect he just had to find me now, on the day I had watched every second and survive every everlasting class and finally made close to the finish line of a completed school day. Great!