Baby Blues (Prologue)

Prologue

Jamie's point of view.

My pedestrian brown eyes followed the rippling patterns of the nonchalant water; the awe of it tranquilises me for just a single moment. I sighed heavily and took a quick swing of the lemonade sandy bottle that stood limp between my fingers, despite the tranquilising water, the world again becomes an undying burden upon my shoulders that I cannot shake or relieve. Not even the beauty of nature could suppress the heaviness that encompassed my heart.

My life starts today.

I reminisced to the first time I stole a kiss from her perfectly moulded lips. I remember she was ranting endlessly about the stressful day she had to endure, her part-time job, her mother, school and the discontent of her friends overtly disapproving the sweetest taboo that was our relationship. My eyes gazed lovingly at the execution of the perturbation on her features, of course I hated to see her overwhelmed by melancholy and distress, but she looked aesthetic and beautiful in everything she did, she was my angel descended from heaven. Her lengthy, chestnut brown hair sitting angelically on her shoulders, her alluring hazel eyes that speak love for me, elevates a sense of rapture within me that ignites my bones. Her lissom body calls to me, a place where I feel safe in her embrace.

But most importantly, I loved her caramel skin that created an adventure for my lips, taking in her saccharine taste. The difference in our skin colour was probably the thing that excited me the most, I truly loved this girl, and I don’t think I’ve ever loved like I loved her. I watched as the salty liquid cascaded from her extraordinary eyes and her body trembled with heartache, the pain consuming her. I embraced her and stroked her arm tenderly. My solution was to revitalise her with my kiss, to take away her sorrow and I did just that. I cupped her cheeks in my palms and captured my lips with hers, sampling the saltiness from her tears, which was masked by the sweetness of her lips. She moaned my name into the kiss and I couldn’t help but smile in appreciation.  She holds me tight for support and I embraced her more, giving the support she craved.

I departed from the kiss, keeping my palms on her gorgeous face and my forehead against hers; gazing admiringly into her eyes.

“Better?” I whispered breathlessly.

“Better.” I stole another kiss from her, every kiss intending to melt away her pain.

I reminisced to the first time she told me that she loved me. We lay under the light blue sky in the meadow situated near our school, Easton High and she was snuggled comfortably on my chest, listening to the sound of my heartbeat; a myriad of flowers decorated the space beautifully around us.

“You know, you’re different to all the guys I’ve dated, Jamie, you’re so caring and considerate and you love me for me, and you don’t care whatever they throw at us.” Her extraordinary hazel eyes gazes into mine and she smiles at me before she continues. “I love you for that. I love you so much, Jamie Fitzgerald Crawford.”

I place an affectionate kiss on her forehead. “I love you too, Isabella Antoinette Trinity.”

I reminisced to the first time we made love. It was my 17th birthday, and Bella wanted to give me something special. I told her numerous times before that I wouldn’t rush her into it, but that night she told me that she was ready, ready to give herself to me and I ready to give myself to her.  She kissed me with a feverish passion and I returned it, savouring the honey of her lips. I pulled her into my lap, pulling her as close as possible, the warmness of our bodies radiating off of each other. My hand found itself under her cami top, my fingertip drawing a teasing figure of eight at the small of her back.  She purred into the kiss and I smiled victoriously, loving the effect I had on her. Her hands found my torso, her finger mimicking the very same action, I moaned softly and embraced her tightly. It wasn’t long before our clothes were discarded, our bodies become one and I made love to my beautiful girlfriend, it was one of the best nights of my life; a memorable way to celebrate my 17th birthday.

Her breath tickled my neck as I peppered kisses on her cheek with my arms secured lovingly around her shoulders. Our bodies were tangled together under the sheets with the nocturnal city landscape shining through the windows. Her delicate fingertip was tracing the outline of my lips softly, causing me to hum with content. I relaxed and allowed her to explore, her touch oxymoronically calming and igniting.

“That was amazing. You’re amazing.” I breathed, my eyes closed focusing on her soothing touch.

“Well I do try.” She giggled, and I chuckled in amusement.

“You’re always amazing, you’re the amazing girl I fell head over heels in love with.”

“And you’re the amazing guy I fell head over heels in with, who gave me the best night of my life.” She leaned down and captured my lips with hers, she ran her hands through my hair and deepened the kiss. I couldn’t be more in love with this girl than I already am.

Then I thought about an hour ago.

Where my life began.

At seventeen years old.

 My girlfriend told me that she was three weeks pregnant with my child.