~Chapter One~

LEAH'S POV

I wake up to my dad screaming at me.

"Get up you worthless excuse of a child! We are leaving and never coming back!" I get up and he smacks me. "That's for taking so long to get up."

He walks out and I shuffle over to my connected bathroom. I strip of my clothes, turn on the shower and hop in. I wash my face and hair. I stand there and think of what my dad has said to me ever since I told him... "worthless" "useless" "fag". I told my dad I was bisexual about three years ago. That's when the beatings began. I've been smacked, punched, kicked and even whipped.

I turn off the water and head into my room to grab my clothes. I pick out a light pink jumper and some light blue skinny jeans to cover all of my bruises. I pair that with light pink adidas shoes. I put on makeup to cover up the forming bruise on my cheek and throw my dirty blonde hair into a messy bun. I head downstairs to find my dad passed out drunk. I go over to the fridge and find a note from my mother.

Dear Leah,

I'm so sorry but I had to leave. I thought you were asleep and I couldn't take it anymore. I gave your dad a small sleeping pill so you could escape too. You don't have long though. Pack up everything you have and meet me at Hamilton Park. I will see you soon.

Love, Mom

I take the note and shove it in my pocket. I run up to my room and grab my emergency backpack. It already has a hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, floss and a mini first aid kit. I throw in clothes and extra shoes. I snag my makeup bag so I can reapply. I throw it on my shoulder and start tiptoeing out of my room. I get to the front door without an issue but I hear a rustling behind me.

I freeze and slowly turn around. There stands my dad with a smirk on his face. "So I see you've packed. Well so have I. Let's head to the car." He reaches around me to unlock the door. He opens it and turns me around to push me through. I start walking to the car and slide into the passengers seat. He slides into the drivers seat and looks at me. "You ready to go?" he asks with a sneer. I get an idea. "I forgot one thing. I just have to run inside real quick."

Before he can say anything I hop out of the car and run inside and up to my room. I pull the note out of my pocket and turn it over. I grab a pencil off my desk and write,

Dear mom,

Thank you for trying to help me but I got caught. Dad is taking me away to some place foreign so I hope you can find me. If not, I love you and I always have. I'll be okay. There is some spare money in the top drawer of my dresser if you need it.

Love, Leah

I run to my bathroom to see if there's anything I forgot. I see my blade sitting on the edge of the sink and put it in my pocket just in case. I run out to the car and hop back in.

"Are you ready now?" he asked angrily. "Yea I'm good"

We start driving towards the airport in silence. "I got you a really good seat" he said. I didn't respond. "It's called my suitcase" He started laughing. It was quiet the rest of the way to the airport.

~~~time skip to airport~~~

We walk in and he starts to walk towards the gate. "Wait can I use the bathroom first?" I ask. "And why should I let you do that?" "Well you wouldn't want me peeing on your stuff would you?" He rolls his eyes. "I guess but hurry up. I'll be standing outside the door so don't even think about sneaking out." I nod my head and walk into the bathroom. I pull the blade out of my pocket and walk over to the sink. I start slicing.

LILI'S POV

I start walking with Cole inside the airport. We have to wear hats and sunglasses to avoid the paparazzi. "Babe, you excited for our trip to the Bahamas?" He snaps me out of my thought. I look at him and smile. "Of course!" We start walking towards the gate. "Wait, Cole? I need to use the bathroom real quick." "Okay I'll wait here." I head over to the bathroom and see a shady man standing outside the door.

I walk in and see a girl about the age of fifteen in tears standing by the sink. She's got a small blade in her hand and blood running down her arm from more than five cuts. I start walking over to her as she brings the blade down to her arm again. I grab the hand with the blade in it before she can break through any more skin. She looks at me with scared eyes and looks confused as she tries to figure out who I am.

"You don't need to do this." I tell her. "Yes I do. Nobody wants me here. I'd be better off gone." I frown. I take off my sunglasses and hat and watch as her face lights up. "Y-y-you're Lili Reinhart." "Yes I am and please take it to heart when I saw you are wanted." She nods her head.

"Can I help you wash off your arm?" She nods. I turn on cold water and run her arm under it. She hisses at the touch. "Sorry" "Its okay"

She pulls a mini first aid kit out of her bag and I help her bandage her arm. "Where's your blade?" I ask. She hands it to me. I rinse it off and put it in my pocket. "You can't have this anymore. Now do you mind telling me why you are doing this to yourself?" She pauses and then looks at me. "This might be a long story but I guess I can tell you. My family was he perfect little family. My mom was an artist and my dad was a lawyer. That was until my dad's work party. He started drinking and wouldn't stop. He got fired and couldn't get back on track. Three years ago I came out as pans and he smacked me. He kept saying I was worthless and useless and a fag. He kept abusing me. This morning he woke me up and told me we were leaving for good. My mom had left a note telling me to meet her at a park so we could run away. Hey dad caught me and now I'm here." By this point in the story she's sobbing. I hold her in my arms until I hear my phone ring. I look down at it and see the name: Cole💝. I look at her and hold up my finger. "Hold on a sec"

I click answer and hold the phone up to my ear to hear Cole talking, "Babe are you okay?" "Yea I'm fine I've just... run into something. We might not be able to go on our vacation." I frown. "What?? What could possibly be so serious that we have to cancel our plans?" I bite my lip and think. "Find a way to come into the girls bathroom without drawing any attention to yourself. I'll tell you when you get in here." I hang up. The young girl looks at me with wide eyes.

LEAH'S POV

I can't believe Lili Reinhart is willing to cancel her vacation with Cole Sprouse for me. I look at her with wide eyes. "I can't let you cancel your vacation for me. I'm not that important." She looks at me with a smile. "I can't just let you go with your dad. Also, you are that important." I smile back.

Just then Cole Sprouse walks in. He looks between us with a confused look in his eye. "Lili what's going on?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys!

I hope you like my idea cause it's quite different.

Let me know if you have any recommendations❤️

~Jess