C1

"MAMA THERE AINT NO MILK IN THE FRIDGE CAN WE GO GET SOME." I yelled from downstairs.

"Alright let's go." Mama came downstairs with a night gown on and a wrap on her head.

"Mama you aint really gon wear that right?" I immediately regretted saying that. My mama gave me that look, but surprisingly she didn't say anything.

We got in the car and drove to the nearest shopping market. My mamma and I got out the car and walked into the shopping market.

"Lise you want 2 percent milk or-" BANG!

"EVERYONE ONE THE FUCKING GROUND NOW." Two men walked in with masks on their face. My mom and I dropped to the ground. The two men were opened the cash register and shoved all the money in the bag. A little girl slowly tried to get up without making noise. She looked around 12 years old. I looked to my mom who had tears pouring out her eyes. 

"SHE'S TRYING TO ESCAPE." One of the guys screamed. The other guy ran up to the girl and put a gun to her head. My mom got up and screamed.

"STOP!" BANG. My mom's body fell to the ground.

"NOOO!" I screamed. I ran to my mothers body screaming and crying.

"GET DOWN BITCH." The guy screamed at me. I ignored him.

"Mama come on pull through." My mama was bleeding from her chest.

"Bitch this the last time imma warn you." i ignored him once again.

"Mama I love you." BAM! I started to black out.

"I love you too baby." that was the last thing i heard.

-----------------------------------------

"Ms. Eckroth let's talk about your options," the social services worker said. It's been a two months, and I just got out of the hospital a week ago. My mom died on the way to the hospital. She got shot in the esophagus. I on the other hand survived. Unfortunately.

"You can live in a group home until you are 18 and old enough to be on your on. Or you can live with a family member." A family member? Who?

"Which family member would that be." I asked confused. My mother and I never really fucked with the family.

"Jahseh Onfroy."