| 1 | paint |

"Fitz, Simmons, we can paint the white spots after, you 2 have been working on that wall the entire time!" Daisy says with desperation. Fury hadn't been very proud of their expenses lately, so he decided to cut their funding. Of course, Coulson had hired painters to paint the walls the same day. Except, they took the money and just dropped the cans of paint and brushes outside. Coulson had told them to paint the living room and he and May would be back in a bit.
"Daisy! You can't rush this. The walls aren't gonna be perfect if you just hurry through them like the box of cereal we have in the kitchen that just magically becomes empty the next day!" Jemma looked over at her and was waving her paintbrush around for emphasis. Daisy's mouth was open as she grabbed her paintbrush, in a quick flick of her wrist she had splattered her with paint. Jemma closed her eyes and her face was full of shock. She quickly used her hand to wipe the paint out of her eyes only to see Fitz bent over laughing at her. Daisy had a smirk on her face which was wiped as soon as Jemma splashed paint at her too. They continued throwing paint at each other and laughing, and eventually Fitz joined in. By the time they were finished they were all covered in grey paint and their clothes were most definitely ruined. But they weren't finished yet. Jemma dipped her paintbrush in the small tin can and splattered Daisy one more time. This time, Daisy rolled out of the way. Of course, May and Coulson were walking in at the same time and the grey paint hit May's shirt with a splack. They immediately turned to each other and Jemma was frozen in place. Her mouth was slightly ajar in fear and she could only stare at the paint on May's shirt. Coulson started laughing and May turned towards him.
"What're you laughing at?" She asks as she grabs a paintbrush and splatters it on his forehead.
"Oh you did not just do that," Coulson says with a little bit of sass in his voice.
"Uh yeah. I think I just did," May said, you could see the determination in her eyes as she reached down to wet her paintbrush with paint again, except this time Coulson grabbed her wrist and stole the paintbrush. Caught off guard, she quickly slips off her shoes and runs into the living room floor covered with white drapes. She slips off her jacket and throws it towards the kitchen. The team couldn't believe what they were seeing. Coulson took off his shoes and jacket and pushed them towards the corner as he slowly walks toward May. May edged back, but she hit the wall.
"Coulson, you're gonna regret this," she says.
"Hm. Actually I don't think so, I think you're gonna regret splattering me," he had a grin on his face as he slowly confronted her.
"No!" May yells, she quickly jumps onto the couch and runs along it and jumps again. She rolls on the floor and grabs another paintbrush. The team stared at them, not being able to keep their eyes off this new playfulness May had installed in her.
"PAINT FIGHT," Daisy yells. She was sitting next to May and immediately splattered her jeans with the paint. Fitz and Simmons decided to team up on Coulson and splashed him. Daisy dipped her paintbrush before standing up. May had a sparkle in her eyes which she was sure was determination for vengeance. Daisy was too distracted with the incoming May that she didn't realize Simmons was right behind her. She bumped into Jemma and they both fell to the floor. Everyone stopped and laughed at them. Coulson was bent over and laughing while Fitz had his face covered. May had a smirk on her face which she didn't show often. She lent a hand to the girls and pulled them both up. Of course, Daisy and Jemma had to take advantage of her while her hands were both busy and splattered her again. May had a look of betrayal on her face as she looked at her shirt. They continued covering each other with paint until one by one they fell to the floor in defeat. They stayed silent for a few seconds before Daisy spoke.
"Can we train like this everyday?" she asked.
"Hm. Do you wanna buy paint for this every day?" May responded.
"Eh. Good point," she nodded. They were all spread out across the small room and they occasionally glanced at each other.
"Who's taking a shower first?" Coulson asked after a bit. Jemma, Daisy, and Fitz looked at each other before all getting up and running to the bathroom. You could hear a scattered "me first," "no me," "stop pushing me!" May looked over at Coulson who was staring at her. She smiled, a real genuine smile before looking back to the hallway.
"Kids," she muttered. Coulson laughed again and she joined him. You couldn't hear the kids anymore as they were peeking in the hallway to listen to their conversation.
"Well. They are kids," Coulson said with a smirk. She returned the smirk before speaking.
"Does that make us the parents?" she said with a raised eyebrow and an inquisitive look.
"According to all the times they've called us "mom" and "dad." Then yes," he smiled. Coulson scooted over and sat next to May. She leaned her head against his shoulder, but immediately got up as soon as she heard them.
"Yes! Mo- I mean May and Coulson are together," Jemma shouts. Daisy and Fitz glare at her and shush her. They were sure they were caught, but waited instead.
May grabs her shoe and throws it at the hallway they're in.
"I better not catch you guys there when I go and check or you're all grounded," she shouts. She could hear the sound of feet thumping the floor as they all quickly ran to their rooms.
"Kids," she mutters again.
"Well they're our kids so we're stuck with them," he says. He links his fingers with hers and she gives him a half smile. She leans her head on his shoulder once again. They would've stayed like that all night except the "kids" would've taken pictures. They stood up and she quickly kissed his cheek before they turned and headed to their rooms for the night.