| 6 | torture

The team were up against a wall, tied up and sitting on the floor. They stayed quiet in fear of what was gonna happen.
"Well well well."
A man came into view from the dimly lit hallway with his hands in his pockets. He had a eery smile on his face and crouched down in front of Skye and Coulson and glanced around at everyone sitting side by side.
"So. Do you wanna tell me what you were doing on my base?" his russian accent was thick. May scoffed and spat in his direction. It only received her an alarming look from Jemma and a stare in her direction from the russian man.
"Have something you wanna say, sweetheart?" he leaned forward and brought his face close to hers. She smirked at his bold choice of actions and head butted him. Hard. He stumbled back with a surprised look as he touched his forehead.
"Your first mistake, was calling me that," she said through gritted teeth.
"You made me bleed," he said with another smirk. "You're first then."

————————————————————————

The man grabbed May by her arms which were tied tightly behind her back. Her legs were tied roughly with rope so he dragged her to a chair where he tied her against it.
"You think you're cute eh? Making me bleed?" he said with a creepy grin. "Let's see who's bleeding next." She said something which was blocked out by the gag around her mouth.
"Hm? What was that?" He brought his hand up to her face and pulled the gag down.
"I said. Bring. It. On," she repeated with a smirk. She glanced at the team and saw a few tears in Skyes eyes and Fitz had his head in between his knees. Jemma was practically screaming and Coulson was trying to coax her down.
"So? Do you like knives?" he grinned at her as he opened a suitcase from the side. He pulled out a small knife, it gleamed under the fluorescent lights as he showed her and turned to show the team. She stayed quiet, biting on her bottom lip so hard she could taste the metallic liquid. She prepared herself when the knife was brought down into her thigh. Jemma screamed again begging him to stop and Skye was crying. She fought down the urge to scream, but eventually shook it off.
"Hm. No reaction? Let's try this again."
He brought down another knife into her shoulder this time. It wasn't that bad. She had gone through worse, but this one felt worse. The kids were screaming, crying, kicking, anything they could do to try and get loose and it made her feel horrible. She was trying to protect them, instead she managed to hurt them even more. She brought her attention back to the filthy man who was trying to find something in between a few boxes.
"Ah yes. A car battery. Want to tell me what you were doing in my base?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. She signaled with her head for him to get closer and he did. Idiot, she thought.
She stared directly into his eyes and he waited patiently for her answer.
"Wel-"
He was cut off by May spitting in his face. Her saliva hit him right in the middle of his forehead and it trailed down slowly. His mouth parted slightly in shock. He fixed himself and stood up grabbing the car battery and attaching it as best he could to her collarbone and another to her arm. Jemma was full on sobbing at this point and buried herself into Fitz's shoulder. Skye was screaming and trying to break free from the chains holding her back. She lunged forward every few seconds and Coulson was trying to hold her back.
The man only smirked as he turned on the battery. May began to violently jump, but she didn't scream. She bit her tongue this time, when she tasted the blood coming out she let out a scream. It wasn't a scared scream, no no, this was an in pain scream. An 'I can't do this any longer or I'm going to pass out' scream. This went on for about a minute when the man decided she had enough. He stopped it and he came close again.
"Ready to tell me now?" he said a smirk.
"No. I'm ready to leave," she said through gritted teeth. He raised an eyebrow in confusion and was about to ask her what she meant when she jumped up kicked him in the stomach. She grabbed the knife stuck in her thigh and pulled it out letting out a grunt. Lunging forward, she quickly stabbed the knife into his chest and that's when he tumbled down with a loud thud. Jemma hadn't stopped crying and when May released them all she pulled her into a hug. She paused for a few seconds letting the girl have her moment.
"Jemma," she finally said. Jemma stumbled back a few steps and wiped the tears out of her eyes.
"S-ssorry," she stutters.
"It's alright, let's go."

————————————————————————