Chapter 15

Percy's POV:

I was just staring at the water when Beckendorf approached me.

"What are you doing after curfew?" He asked me.

"Um... it's nothing really, I'm just clearing my head." He raised an eyebrow.

"Something's bothering you Percy. Tell me." He demanded.

"Okay. Let's say that person P really loved this person called person L, and person A saw them. Person A was convinced that person L was taking advantage of person P and wanted to break them up."

"So basically- you love Luke and Annabeth found out and you don't know what to do right?" He guessed.

"How did you know?"  He looked at me straight dead in the eye.

"I guessed." I sighed. "Look, you really do love Luke don't you?" I nodded. "Well, why don't just talk to Chiron about it?"

"NO! I mean, I get what you're saying but... Chiron hates him. Everyone does. Annabeth only follows me around because she has something on me and Luke and she's not gonna waste her time not doing what she wants, because it's Annabeth. She gets her way."

"I meant why don't you talk to Chiron about getting Annabeth to leave you alone..."

"Oh." He nodded.

"You don't have to keep it a secret you know. Nobody's going to judge you. It's like an alarm clock. Yeah it can be annoying at first, but once you register it- the fact that it's happened and you can't do anything about it, it gets easier. They'll understand, I mean you don't always have to tell them, like now. It's just a suggestion."

"You know, surprisingly, that did make me feel better." I smiled. "thanks for the advice Beckendorf." He smiled back.

"Yeah, well it's what I live for. And any problem you face, you can always come to me you know. Holding it inside only makes it worse." He got up and started walking back inside before stopping. "Besides, the cleaning harpies are doing a cabin check, so you might wanna get back to your cabin before all hell breaks loose."

"Isn't that what we demigods live for?" I took a quick glance at the sea, before running back inside.