THE THIRD WHY

CHAPTER I

It's about time to adjust; to face a new chapter of life where you have to be flexible in so many ways, to be somehow a little more independent, to cope up with the new environment and to say hi and hello to new faces. College life was so exciting but chilling at the same time.

She was looking around, trying to familiarize herself in the campus but she didn't have much time because her first class was too early. She only had twenty minutes to find her first room; she eyed her schedule to know what building she's going to. Arrow signs were really helpful than bothering someone who was facing also same dilemma. So many students scattered around; majority of different faces were freshmen like her. Some were in a group, maybe they were highschool friends who enrolled in the university; some were sitting at the corners while waiting for their professor; and some were the "most friendly" saying hi to anyone and introduced their names. Matter of factly, she belonged to the "don't talk to strangers" group as if she was still a kid. She stayed at one corner, the not too crowded area.

"Hi, I'm Sofia.", pagpapakilala ng katabi niya. She faced her and saw that she was smiling at her.

"Prixie." she smiled back. Buti nalang talaga at may mga taong malakas ang loob na makipagkilala and she thanked the girl on her mind for making her feel comfortable. Kanina pa siya kinakabahan on her way to school kaya pati daddy niya gusto siyang ihatid nalang bago ito pumasok sa office. But she declined, sa driver nalang nila na si Mang Kaloy siya nagpahatid.

"What is your first subject?", she asked her.

"Macro Eco.", she replied.

"Oh nice, I bet we have the same schedule. Friends?", she said offering her hands this time. She accepted it. They chatted some more before entering their room. Nakapagsabihan na sila ng kung anu-ano like their own province, kung saan sila nag-aral when they were in elementary and high school, their favorite "things" and the likes. She felt at ease with her. Siguro nga dahil pareho din silang only child kaya sila agad nagkasundo.

Sa loob, they met their classmates. So, this is the Block 101 class, Bachelor of Science major in Accountancy, sa isip niya. She met Alexa and Tasha too. At gaya ni Sofia, agad naman niyang nakapalagayan ng loob ang dalawa. Then, their friendship boomed. Lagi silang magkakasama. During their break time, they shared about their lives. At kapag tapos na ang klase nila, they went malling para lang magshopping o kaya mag-dinner na din. And really, what they have in common is food. Bahay-school lang din sila, the introvert people in the society.