It Hurts

Song for this chapter is say something ( I'm giving up on you) by Christina Aguilera and A Great Big World

"Talk Bitch" He screams again.

I roll into a ball and silently cry waiting on a kick. It never comes. I slowly sit up and see Maddox is staring at me.

Maddox is the name of the man responsible for my kidnapping. Not that I don't like it here. It's way better than at home. The place is clean and cozy, the people are pretty nice and only Maddox yells at me. Way better than at home where my mother and stepfather hurt me.

Maddox huffs and walks out of the room screaming at someone else, before I hear the door open again, to reveal the man who kidnapped me.

He walks towards me causing me to shift backwards towards the wall. The man who kidnapped me is called Gi, apparrently he kidnapped  me for his boss, Maddox. 

Gi starts to talk "I know you can talk, I heard you talk. I stalked you for a week, I know all your secrets, that you are a choiced mute. Hint the choice, now you better not disrespect Maddox again. Got it"

I nod, scared. He sighs and walks out of the room. I lay on the floor and close my eyes, letting the darkness of sleep consume me.

I am walking down a street, until someone grabs me pulling me into an alley. The background fades and the face of the person alters into my step father, who throws me to the ground hard. Kicking my weak form, he laughs as does my mother whom I can't see. 

He grabs my hair pulling me up off the ground. He slaps my face and smiles.

"Please stop, it hurts" I mumble incoherently.

"Aww, it hurts, guess I'll stop,NOT" he says punching me.

I am shaken awake. "You were talking in your sleep, and thrashing around" Maddox says calmly, staring into my eyes.

I scoot back, his change of attitude scaring me.

"If you say something I'll give you some water"

I contemplate before, nodding and whispering "hello"

"I said, say not whisper." He growls at me, on the verge of yelling again.

"Hello" I say a bit louder, which earns a nod from him.

"That'll do" he says " Gi, get her a glass of water."

I hear footsteps and Maddox looks at me. "How come you don't talk?"

I shrug.

"Answer me in words."

I mentally roll my eyes and say " I dunno"

"Better" he huffs " You'll talk to me in full sentences by the end of this week."

With that he leaves. Gi comes with my water a minute later, setting the glass in front of me, then leaving, locking the door behind him. I take a sip of the water, which tastes very refreshing, so I drink more and down the whole glass.

I lean against the wall, suddenly dizzy, my head pounds and everything gets blurry. Gi comes back in the room and picks me up.

He carries me for a while, just before I hear a door open and everything goes black.

I awake on a bed, a very comfy bed. I look at my surroundings. It's a bedroom, definitely a boy's room. I look to the other side of the room and scream. There is Maddox, on the other side of the bed.

"Shhh" Maddox coos " If you get too stressed the medicine I gave you will make your head hurt.

I jump of the bed and back away from it.

Maddox rolls his eyes and says "lay back down or I will tie you to the bed."

I lay back down nervously. His hand rests on my cheek. "I guess I should tell you why your here."

I nod, eager to hear answers.

"First I want to ask you questions, and you'll answer in words." His tone held a threat and his eyes held, nothing. They were empty of emotion.

I nod.

"Gi knows that at night you talk to yourself. He stalked you for a week and I trust him, so I know you talk well. Why don't you talk to other people?"

"It hurts."

"So it hurts to talk?"

"No, talking makes me get hurt."

He contemplates as if my answer could lead to another question. "Karrie, do you have a boyfriend?"

"No, but how do you know my name?" I say slightly scared.

"Tsk Tsk, its not time for you to ask questions yet Karrie. Have you ever had a boyfriend?"

"No" Step Father never let me have friends. He told me not to talk to anyone. He pulled me out of school when I was 11 so I couldn't have friends, or boyfriends.

"Hmmm. So your a virgin"

"Yes" I admit sheepishly, most 17 olds are, aren't they?

A small smile appears onto his face. " Well I guess its time for me to spill."

I nod. "Only, and only will I tell you why you are here if only, you will promise to talk normally." He says.

I bite my lop, thinking. Should I really  give that part of me up, for answers. I need the answers though... "Yes, Ill talk normally."

He smirks and starts to talk" No interrupting, or Ill leave you without answers. Got it?"

"Yes"

"I'm a criminal, I am in a gang. In fact, I run the gang. I'm the gang leader and in this gang, The Serpents, its tradition for the top five men in command, excluding the leader to kidnap one girl each. The leader chooses from these five girls and the one he chooses is to become his wife, bound to him for life."

"You are kidding."

"No I am not."

"Y-you cant be in a gang"

"Well I am, and you are my fiancé. Didn't you notice the band on your left finger, sweetheart."

I stare at my hand in disgust and confusion. How could I not of noticed that?

"Gi will take you back to your room, tomorrow three girls will get you dressed." With that he leaves.

"Dressed for what" I say as he walks out but he ignores me.

Gi comes and leads me to my room. The room with white walls, white floors, and dull fluorescent lights. Most of all no furniture. This is literally as plain as a room gets. I lay against the far wall and fall into a not so deep sleep.

A/N 1055 words for this chapter, hope you liked the song or atleast checked it out. Its a good song. I also hope you liked the chapter. If you did like it you can vote on it and add it to your reading list.

This story is one that I would like to read myself and am very exited to write. Although I do have a busy life. I am a math teacher at a middle school and during the school year I may not update often. I hope to get a bunch of chapters out before school starts back, but keep in mind I am human.

Question for this chapter: What do you think Karrie needs to get dressed for? Answer in the comments below. First person to guess correctly gets a shout out.

Share

comment

vote

and most importantly watch tv

oh and read this story