In My Arms

Before you and Connor had gotten together, the android new that you suffered from anxiety and depression. He knew how to deal with people that struggled with this because of his programming and since the first day he had met you and detected your symptoms, Connor had always wanted to help you out.

Now in a relationship, it was not different for him. If he could take a load off of shoulders, Connor would do it without hesitation. If you some days you felt that you did not have the energy to do anything, he would stay by your side, reassuring you that it was alright, and you did not have to do something if you did not have the energy for it.

Today was one of those days where everything inside of you was at its peak. Your anxiety was not letting you be at peace and you could only sulk in defeat at this, worsening your depression. You could only lay on your bed, wrapping the blankets around your body, null to everything around you.

While sulking in your sheets, you heard the sound of your front door open. Connor was the only one with an extra key to your house – he had asked beforehand if he could have a key to your house just in case – and his footsteps could be heard quickly
approaching where you were. You did not make an effort to look up at him once he was at your bedside, but you felt as your bed creaked under his weight.

“Sorry to come unexpectedly, but I tried calling you and when you did not answer, I had to come see you.” You began to feel guilty for making him worry and you brought your knees close to your body, getting into a tight ball.

“Sorry,” you said below a whisper. Then, Connor went to your other side where he could see your face. With a soft smile, he placed a hand on your cheek.

“It’s alright. All that matters is that you’re safe.” Extending his arms towards you so he could take you into his arms, you slowly shuffled towards him and let your self fall to his chest. He let out some air escape from his lips as he placed a hand on your back to so he could rub your back, trying to comfort you.

“Everything will be alright,” Connor said softly. “I’m here for you and to help you.” He placed a delicate kiss on your cheek and kept cradling you in his arms, a comfortable silence taking over the room.