HetaONI Mansion.

How long has it been since you came to that house? 8, 9? No, it's been much, much longer than 9 years since you stumbled upon the old mansion. You preferred isolation over company so this house was perfect. It was a 3 hour drive from the nearest city and to the east of a small town so you could travel and get food and water. You had fixed up the house from the deserted state you had found it in.

You were not a weakling and nor were you an idiot. The second you saw that monster, staring into your eyes, you knew it was do or die. You took the first hit but it didn't affect you much, you are tougher than you look. It took awhile but you ended up defeating the monster. You weren't afraid of it, not even close. You were keen on living in this isolated house and you weren't gonna give up your find.

You easily out-ran the alien-looking creature and went exploring. Soon, you found a curtain covering a passageway in one of the bedrooms. You took a look inside and found it was unfinished. You swore to yourself that this would be your home and proceeded to fix up the passageway and create a hiding spot. You just couldn't leave the house at the time. You found that some of the food in the kitchen wasn't all stale but the food that was stale was kept in a jar labeled 'super-toasts'. The name really confused you but you didn't let it get to you. You, slowly but steadily, started finishing off that secret base. It was in a tough spot to find but you still kept that curtain in the doorway to hide it. Of course you still ran into the monster but you drove him away every time.

As the years dragged on, the monster learned that he'll never defeat you and started leaving you alone. You had free access to the whole house now, no restrictions. You could go as far as saying that the 'Thing' avoided you all together. And during the odd occasion that you would pass him in the hall, he would seem to ponder whether to attack or not but he soon made his way down the hall, away from you. He has learnt that you were now the leader of the house, and he is your slave. Well, slave is a strong word, more like, the-thing-that-doesn't-speak-at-all-but-is-still-there. You weren't afraid of it, more like it was afraid of you. You could look it right in the eye and it would flinch before turning it's back and walking away. It was right to fear you, no one knew what you could do to someone who got in your way.

The time within the land that the mansion sat upon, was distorted. Time went back and forth. Effectively prolonging your life, if not stopping ageing entirely. You were basically immortal but still felt the weight on her shoulders whenever leaving the house. Little did anyone know, there are two keys for the front door. One was kept at the top or the house and you had the other. You left the house at will but soon returned with anything you needed, like food, water and furniture.

And as time went on, you created a layout for your little base and started putting in the walls and floorboards. You finished off the kitchen and stored your food items there. But you just slept on the floor, you didn't have to bother with beds. You were happy. You were alone, the mansion was quiet. Nothing could get better. That is, until, you heard the floorboards on the first floor creaking. 'The monster never creaks the floorboards' you thought, 'there must be something here.' You left the coziness of your base to check it out. You went to the staircase to go to the first floor and saw a white-looking blob-like creature. You couldn't see it's face but you could see a blond curl coming from its head.. You were oddly surprised by the physical appearance of the creature that you didn't expect the approach of the 'Thing'. The blob creature screeched in horror, it had not expected it to go like this. Just as quickly as the 'Thing' came, it left, with the white thing of course. You followed the monster upstairs as it went to the fourth floor and stuffed the white thing in the wall and pushed the bookcase in front of it. As it left the room, you went to the bookcase and pushed it back out of the way. You observed the blob for a moment and it looked pretty stuck, you knew that you wouldn't be able to get it out. But you took this chance to get a better look at it. It looked to have glasses and was looking at you with sparkling blue eyes, despite being shoved into a wall a little over a minute ago. You mainly looked at that curl, it defied gravity but you eventually pushed the bookcase back again while giving a quick apology and leaving the room to go back to your base, you had other things to get done anyway.