Chapter: 12, Blood

I just got home! Fuck. I run to the phone, "Yes?" "Adrianna I just got a call from Beverly. We need to get to her house right away," I hear Richie say. "Alright, I'll go get ready. Come and pick me up in a few." Richie agrees and hangs up.

I run up to my room and get dressed. As I take my shirt off I look at my binder. This fucker really hurts. I need to find a way so that this doesn't kill me.

After fixing the binder a little bit, and getting it to settle on my chest without hurting me, I put a blue t-shirt on and some red shorts.

I hear a knock on my door and see Richie there with his bike. Behind him were Stan and Eddie. Word spreads fast. I run to my shed and grab my bike, "Alright let's go."

~~~

We stop in front of an apartment complex as Beverly runs down the metal steps. "I need to show you guys something," Beverly says, fear in her voice. I look at her, worried, "What is it?" Of course, Richie brings in a joke, "More than what we saw at the Quarry?"

"Shut up! just shut up Richie," Eddie says as Beverly shakes her head. "My dad will kill me if he finds out I had boys in the apartment. "We-we-we...we'll leave a lookout. Richie, stay here."

Richie groans and looks at Bill, "Whoa, whoa, whoa! What if her dad comes back!" Richie asks. "Do what you always do," Stanley starts walking with us up the steps, "Start talking!"

I turn around, and Richie pouts, "It's a gift!" Everyone ignores him as we walk into the apartment. It was small and a little run down looking. We all walk towards the bathroom.

"In there," Beverly points at the door, her voice shaking. "What is it?" Bill asks as we walk closer, a red light illuminating from the room.

"Great, bringing us to the bathroom. You know that 89% of the worse accidents occur in the bathroom and kitchen. And that's where all the bacteria and fungi are... and it is not a hygienic place..." Eddie rambles as Beverly opens the door.

All I hear is Eddie gag as we look at the blood-soaked room. "I knew it!" Eddie says looking away quickly. "Holy shit," I whisper as I step in front of Eddie, so he doesn't have to look at it as much.

"Do you see it?" Beverly says as she walks into the room. "Yes," we all say. "What happened?" Stanley said. Instantly he was ignored, "My dad couldn't see it, I thought I was going crazy."

"Well if you're crazy, then we're crazy," Ben says under his breath. "We cuh-cuh-cuh....can't leave it like this," Bil says implying we should help clean it. We grab all the buckets and mops and washcloths we could find and started to work.

We all got to work right away, well except Eddie. He was still being hesitant in even walking into the room. "C'mon Eds," I say as Stanley mops up the area by the door. "Don't call me that,"

He finally walks in and starts helping. He was working the fastest, as he tried to get it over with so he didn't have to see the gruesome sight. I help Eddie with his area and sooner than later we finished.

I looked at the clean room as I see Bill and Beverly talking. I'll let them have their alone time. I get out of the room and see Ben looking in her room. Alright, stalker. I leave him alone too as I see Eddie sitting on some of the steps outside.

I run to him and look towards him, trying to get his attention. "We should get back to Richie," I say as he nods. We get up and get down the steps.

"What was it?" Richie asks as we get to the bottom steps. "Blood. It was everywhere, and Beverly says her dad couldn't even see it at all," I said shuddering. "It was easy to clean up though," I say.

Richie looks at me, "That's because you're a girl." Suddenly he smacks his hands to his mouth and looks at Eddie. "Shit, fuck, sorry," Richie says. "Wow, you are so good at keeping secrets. Anyways, he already knows," I say as Eddie laughs.

"Wait what-" Richie looks at us in disbelief. "How did he find out," he asks genuinely confused. "I kind of had to tell him to be honest," I say shrugging. "It's a long story, but it doesn't really matter."

"At least I don't have to be as cautious anymore when I talk about you," Richie says laughing. We cut our conversation short when the rest of the group bounces down the steps. We get on our bikes and start riding them anywhere but here.

"No, I love being your personal doorman!" Richie complains, "Really, could you idiots take any longer?" "Shut up Richie," Stan says. "Yeah, shut up Richie," Eddie says.

"Oh, okay. Trash the trash mouth. I get it," Richie says making us all look at him in disbelief. Dude better shut up right now before I push him off his bike.

"Hey I wasn't the one scrubbing the bathroom floor imagining that her sink went all Eddie's mom's vagina on Halloween," Richie says making us all cringe and stop our bikes.

"She didn't imagine it, I saw something too," Bill says. "You saw blood too?" Beverly asks, hoping she wasn't the only one. "Not blood, G-Georgie. It seemed so real. I mean it seemed like him but there was this-"

"A clown," Eddie cuts him off, "Yeah, I saw him too." Ben nods his head and so does Stan. "I have twice," I shudder. "Wait, can only virgins see this stuff? Is that why I ain't seeing this shit?" Richie asks as we all realize he was the only one who hasn't seen it yet.

"Where did you guys see the clown?" I ask as we all start walking slowly. "My basement," Bill says. "You know it was my house," Beverly answers. "The library," Ben says quietly. "I saw it at Neibolt street, but you already know that," Eddie says making everyone look at him.

Now they are going to ask how I know. Good job. Ya hear that? That's me sarcastically clapping. One of them was about to ask, I felt it, but someone else took their attention away. "Holy- That's Belch Huggins car," Richie says.