The date.

Kates POV:

It was almost 1800 hours, we pulled into port about half an hour ago. I looked around the boat as I made my way to the Officers Mess. I stopped just outside the door, I took a deep breath and knocked.

"Come in" was the sweet reply that came.

I stepped inside and the main lights were off, but there were twinkle lights all over the room as well as candles at the table.

"Mike, this is amazing" was all I could choke out.  Mike took a step towards me and I copied. When we got close enough to each other he pulled me in for a hug, I pulled back slightly and peered up. Mike gave me a sad look. I pulled his face down and I caressed his face before bringing his soft lips to mine. The kiss started off gentle and slow but because we haven't been able to kiss for a while it soon became more passionate. Our mouths moved together in unison,  he nipped at my bottom lip asking for entry, I gladly gave it. I pulled away after what seemed like for ever but was only a few minutes.

"Wow" Mike said like the wind had been takwn out of him.

"I've missed this, just you and me." I said looking at him with love.

"Well lets eat, I'm starving " Mike said walking over to the booth. I slid in next to him. He looked at me and smiled.

"I thought you would sit across from me," Mike said while leaning across the table to get the plates and cutlery.

"I sat next to you so I could do more of this" I said kissing him again.

"I could get used to this" Mike chuckled.

Dinner was my favourite, steak pieces with gnocchi amd garlic bread. After dinner we went to Mikes cabin and lay on his bed and watched his favourite movie Star Wars episode 11.

"what time are the crew due back baby?" I said to Mike  just asthe movie ended.

"By 2130, speaking of the time,  they should be back at any minute." Mike said pausing the movie credits and standing up.

As he opened the door,  the noise of the crews return coulx be heard. Both Mike and I went to the entrance and welcomed them back. All the junior sailors returned first and after them Charge, Swain and Buffer(who seemed a little bit drunk) after the Petty Officers Nav came through. 

I looked at Mike and he nodded I gave him a kiss on the cheek and said "Goodnight sir, Nav and I both have morning watch so we will be going to bed now."

"Alright X, Nav sleep well." Mike said as he turned to go to the bridge.

a/n Hope you enjoyed this update.