The Dream and the Sun

I'm running in brightness I don't know from who and I don't know why. I hear shouting from behind but I can't see anything, that's when a cold hand grabs mine and we run together I can't see this person I just feel the coldness of their hand. But then at all stops, I am in darkness falling in silence all alone no hand just me falling. That's when I finally wake up.

I sit up from my bed, sweat dripping down my neck, I look around the dimly lit room, nothing was out of order and the last glimpse of light was fading. "Sol should be back soon," I thought to myself. So I get up and quickly put on my dressing robe and armor. The feeling of rough yet familiar leather on my skin always helps me relax after a nightmare. Yet my heart was still beating fast as I braid my hair like my mother use to do in hiding.

I paced the room waiting for my sister to get back as the last of the sunlight leaves the room. Flashbacks come in waves as I try to remember; how my life came to be like this, why are a mother would do this to her kids, what it was like to feel the sun's warmth?

"You really want to curse your twins for power my love"

"Yes, Freya my queen I want more!"

"Take them, my queen, I cannot hide them anymore, I am always up tending to them, I wanted power not them"

I shake the memories out of my head and look outside hoping to feel the warmth of the sun. But as if on cue the door creaks open as the sun finally sets.

"Why did you have to wake up so early," she says gasping for air as she flops on her bed.

Before I could even answer she was out cold. I smiled and bent down to kiss her head as I grab what is my bow from under her. I swing it around myself and say, "That's what you get for stealing my bow" I grab my quill of arrows and walk out the door. Before I made it out, I paused something was different, there was mischief in the air.