Chapter_ 1 The Lucky One?

"If fall has the courage to turn into spring, who says it can't bloom just the same? – Skyler Skio

The sun high above was bright and warm which was kind of unusual in the fall when everything was gloomy.

The streets were flooded with men and women dressed up in formals. This was just like any usual day in District 13. There were men checking their watches once in a while. So, were the women chatting in coffee shops. This all was just about the end in next half an hour when the lunch break ends everyone will resume to their nine to five jobs.

This all pretty sums up a great proportion in Victor's life. This was what Victor ever dreamt in his teenage years, working in a small firm, doing an easy job of a manager, not to worry about the world around .but just to earn a good quality sum of money by doing an easy on hand job.

But, what Victor never thought was ending up in the hive co... This could be anyone's nightmare to have a boss like Florence, Florence Henderson.

"Damn! I'm late, better rush back or will face the consequences."Victor mumbled in a hurried way to himself.

Victor from the beginning knew that what could happen if he's late, maybe he could get expelled or might lose a job. From the very first day, he's being told that his position is a responsible one and any of the fellows from the street would be happy to take his job. These were one of the only worries that Victor had in his life.

"Congrats Victor, just added another to the list of another day when Vic's Not late," said a small lady but comical one, from the left side of the door that he was just about to enter.

He knew from the Morning that now he will be doing the same thing that he's doing from past few months......try to find a new replacement for an assistant who left to the other firm due to a better pay. Yeah, she was good at her job and can't be compared. But now there was no other option than finding a new one.

With a small smirk on his face and all his guts, he knocked at the door.

A bold and confident voice of a lady answered, "Come In".

The very moment when he entered the cabin." Do you find anyone who could replace that filthy Carly? It's been two months, how could you find anyone. "The lady said sitting on the chair right next to the bureau exclaimed.

The lady. Yes, she is the boss...Florence Henderson. She had that kind of responsible authority atmosphere around her that can't be missed by anyone. Those crisp, straightforward bold and confident words can make an individual think twice. That way everyone in the firm feared her even if she hadn't given any proof to it but her words don't speak for it but her way to speak them did. Which ultimately lead the employees to the conclusion that it's better to do their job better or stay ready for it.

"Yes, Madame... I have found a guy who would be perfect for this job. But there's a problem.....He doesn't have any experience of doing this kind of work." Said Victor, hesitatingly.

"Victor, Victor, How could you say these both things together.T hey don't belong together....You know."

"Excuse me, what" Victor responded cautiously.

"You just said that he s' perfect and also that he has no experience" exclaimed Florence.

"Yes, your right. But his work shows that he's good. You can take a look at his work, here."Said while handing over the file he had been carrying to Florence.

"Well, I don't care that what he can and can't I just need an assistant who could help me completing these projects, look its simple architecture, okay?"

Florence was anxiously flipping through the pages, but she suddenly froze in her mind.

"Is that right, what I just saw?"She thought in the infinite boundaries of her mind which can't put a finger on that person but repetitively think about him.....

"Whats' his name?"Asked Florence awkwardly with a strange smirk on her face which was unusual on her glowing face.

"Younger, James Younger. Madame."