Surah An-Naas [Mankind]

Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem

Qul a'uzu birabbin naas 

Malikin naas

Ilaahin naas

Min sharril was waasil khannaas

Al lazee yuwas wisu fee sudoorin naas

Minal jinnati wan naas

v.1 "Say: 'I seek refuge with the Lord of Mankind.

v.2 The King of Mankind.

v.3 The God of Mankind"
.
These are from the attributes of Allah swt as He is the Lord of everything, the King of everything and the God of everything. All things are created by Him, owned by Him, and subservient to Him. Therefore, He commands whoever is seeking protection to seek refuge with the One Who has these attributes for He alone can grant us true protection.

So what are we seeking protection from?

  v.4 'From the evil of the whisperer who withdraws'
.
The Whisperer is the Devil thats assigned to every man, for there is NO ONE amongst the Children of Adam except that he has a companion (devil) that beautifies wicked deeds for him.

This devil (Qareen) will go to any lengths to confuse us and the only way we're we safe is by seeking refuge in Allah swt.

  Abdullah b. Mas'ud reported the Prophet pbuh said:
.
"There is not a single one of you except that his companion (a devil) has been assigned to him.
The Companions said:
Allah's Messenger, with you too?

Thereupon he said: Yes, but Allah helps me against him and so I am safe from his hand and he does not command me but for good".
.
v.5 "Who whispers in the breasts of Mankind.

v.6 Of Jinn and Mankind.'"

 Tafsir Ibn Kathir says: "The devil is squatting (perched) upon the heart of the Son of Adam. So when the Son of Adam becomes absentminded & heedless, the Devil whispers. Then, when he remembers Allah, the devil withdraws.''
.
Al-Mu'tamir bin Sulayman reported that his father said, "It has been mentioned to me that Shaytan is Al-Waswas. He blows into the heart of the Son of Adam when he is sad & when he is happy. But when he (man) remembers Allah, Shaytan withdraws.''
.
The Whispers from Shaytan are real.

The Evil eyes (nazar) of people is real.

MAGIC is real!

These are VERY real threats that endanger our mental & even our physical well being at times, so it is HIGHLY necessary that we seek protection from them.

No ones safe, as pious as one may be, unless & until they are ACTIVELY seeking protection against it from Allah swt.

Even the Prophet pbuh was afflicted with Magic!  

  Narrated 'Aisha (ra):
.
A man called Labid bin al-A'sam from the tribe of Bani Zaraiq worked magic on Allah's Messenger (pbuh) till Allah's Messenger (pbuh) started imagining that he had done a thing that he had not really done.
.
One day or one night he was with us, he invoked Allah and invoked for a long period, and then said:

.
"O 'Aisha! Do you know that Allah has instructed me concerning the matter I have asked him about? Two men came to me and one of them sat near my head and the other near my feet.
.
One of them said to his companion,

.
"What is the disease of this man?"

.
The other replied, "He is under the effect of magic.' The first one asked, 'Who has worked the magic on him?' The other replied, "Labid bin Al-A'sam.'
.
The first one asked, 'What material did he use?' The other replied, 'A comb and the hairs stuck to it and the skin of pollen of a male date palm.'

  .
The first one asked, 'Where is that?' The other replied, '(That is) in the well of Dharwan;' "

.
So Allah's Messenger (pbuh) along with some of his companions went there and came back saying,
.
"O 'Aisha, the color of its water is like the infusion of Henna leaves. The tops of the date-palm trees near it are like the heads of the devils."
.
I asked. "O Allah's Messenger (pbuh), why did you not show it (to the people)?"

.
He said, "Since Allah cured me, I disliked to let evil spread among the people." Then he ordered that the well be filled up with earth.

.
Magic is not something amazing as the World portrays it nor is there any 'good magic' to fight Black Magic claimed by 'Healers' or 'Peer Babas'. The ONLY protection from ALL evil, from the Jinn and Mankind, lies in the words of Allah swt in the form of Duas and Surahs.

.
Read Ayatal Kursi, Qul hu Allahu ahad, Surah Falaq and Surah Naas three times daily morning & evening, and other duas and in sha Allah we will all be under the protection of Allah swt from all sources of evil, both seen and unseen.
.
A'oodhu bi kalimaat Allaah al-taammah min sharri ma khalaq (I seek refuge in the perfect words of Allah from the evil of that which He has created)

.

Ameen!!!

References:

Br. Abdullah (Hidden.Hakh)

Sahih Muslim 2814 a

Sahih al-Bukhari 5763

Tafsir Ibn Kathir Ch.114