Prologue

Heartbreak.
Nobody can say that they have truly tasted the despair of their heart faltering into tiny little broken glass pieces unless they are ready to give their lives up.
Just like you were about to do so.
Gulping soundly yet slowly, odd enough, you felt blank. Transparent thoughts leading your mind.
You averted your eyes towards the ground. A weak piece of metal, which was strong enough to hold your trembling body from crashing to the freezing land of water, was the only link that tied you to the bitter reality.
You wanted that bitter reality to disappear.
So you let go.
You let go of that stuttering weak link to reach your expectations with your small, pale hand.
Nor the pained voices of individuals screaming, neither the vicious crying of sirens from your back mattered.
Because you were a fool who was ready to rip your own heart with your claws to happily gift that childish red love to some animal who did not even care one bit about your reality, nor fantasy.
And you were too blind to realize that simple fact.
And a tad bit too late to realize that you, at the very end, wanted to live, after all.

The last sound your ears could catch before they were deafened with the enormous gulp of dirty water was a warm, familiar voice cracking while crying out your name like it was the most important thing he did not want to let go.
You didn't know if it was possible to sob underwater, but you definitely felt warm, regret filled tears escape from your lids before you blacked out.