decisions

( c h a p t e r  XXIII )

You still dream about the people lost in your memory, fabricated by your nostalgia and romanticed by your broken heart. ❞

- unknown

     YOU SIT AT THE PERGOLA with Zack and Amy by your side. The table is filled with empty junk food wrappers, melted Swiss chocolate bars and scattered uno cards in the middle of all the mess. You three have been going on playing for the last two hours and you always lost; why? Because you were thinking about your decisions because tomorrow is the day you'll leave for Los Angeles, specifically, to see the man that hurted you again.

“Do you think it's a good idea, Zack?” You turn to your brother and put down the uno cards carefully so that they couldn't peak at your deck. He raises his eyebrows looking very suspicious.

“You're asking me if it's a good idea? Of course it's not. You're going to meet the man you have—”

“Shhhh—tone it down. Someone might hear it!” Amy scolded and swatted Zack's arm. Zack retracted his arm away from her and then glared at her.  That was not a very old sight to you since the two never really got that along with each other that much.

“Getting back to what I was saying— and straight to the point— you'll surely get hurt again. You can't sleep again and you'll whine over and over again. And that isn't it, if you don't go, dad would be really mad and suspicious at you since he noticed that you were very fond with Mr. Hiddleston. How I know this, you might ask, he told me when we were fishing back in the summer in America. But I'd say that you should stay home.” Your eyes widened, slightly disappointed that Zack didn't mention this to you. before. Still, you kept quiet and thought about the whole situation again.

“You're right.” You reply finally.

“Well, I think it's better if you come along. Just like Zack said, dad might get to detective mode on you if you won't attend the wedding. Plus I think seeing him happy with another girl will help you move on.” Amy adds and you rested your chin on your hand.

“How is she gonna move one from that, Amy? Heck she's gonna get even more broken hearted. Let time heal your pain, (Y/N). Just like what you did with your relationship with Timmy. Oh and do you know why I know dad's just gonna say that it's alright for you to stay? It's because I think you are most amazing liar when it comes to giving dad an elaborate excuse; you know how he always cares about your studies so just use that as one of your excuse. That's pretty easy for you.” Zack argues with Amy and she frowns.

“I like that plan, Zack.” You look at Amy. “Amy, your plan is alright but I think I couldn't bare the thought of seeing him with another woman. It just feels so wrong.” You look down ashamed. After a couple of momets of silence, you spoke. “I am supposed to be the older sister, now it seems I am the one making dumb decisions and you're the one giving me advises that I don't think I'll take.”