Part 1

Why was it such a big deal? Walk up, confess my "crush" and walk away, proving to them that I didn't like him. Somethings were SO much easier said than done. Jake and I were perfect. Or so my friends though.

"Hey Jake," Autum winked at me and giggled. I groaned and rolled my eyes. Hanna waved enthusiastically. My friends were so embarrassing. Jake waved back and smiled, an unsure look spread across his beautiful tan face. I mouthed the words "sorry" which was accompanied by a face that said "my-friends-are-idiots". I pushed Autum and Hanna along.

"You two are so cute together, Kyra! You like him," Hanna smiled.

"I do not like him! How many times do I have to tell you?"

Autum had this devious grin whenever Jake was the subject. Soon, Hanna captured this smile perfectly. I was doomed. They were never going to give up. I was going to just have to endure it. The wasn't going to be easy.

"Alright, fine," Autum pretended to drop it, but this conversation was far from over. We all knew it.

"So your birthday is coming up soon," Hanna commented casually, "What are you going to ask for?"

"I know the perfect gift!" Autum said excitedly.

"Oh yeah? What?" I didn't want to know the answer.

"Jake!" they both said in unison and then laughed. Fourth hour came as quickly as it went. Finally, lunch!

"Oh! You guys! I need to go to my locker. I need to finish my math homework," I said sheepishly.

"Ok!" Hanna replied.

We turned around to go to my locker. We rounded the corner to find Jake fiddling with his lock.

"Well, well, fancy seeing you here, Jake," Autum said slyly.

"Yeah. Fancy. "

I was mortified. It was bad enough that they thought that we would be cute together, but having lockers next to eachother was the worst. I knelt down to where Jake was and undid the lock on my locker. I pulled it open and grabbed my sack lunch and homework. I slammed the locker door closed and said gooybye. I could hear their quid giggles unt we arched the lunch room.

"Every. Single. Day. Don't you have someone else to pick on?" I said through clenched teeth.

"We like picking on you. It's fun," Hanna explained briefly.

"Autum took a seat next to Hanna on the opposite side of our small table. I knew this was bound to happen, somethime today. I didn't know what with them and guys, but it sure was creepy.