The Loft

London, England early 1900's

We're in the loft. It's quite a big space, yet very cluttered. A little bit of everything stacked up to just past my shoulder height. I tell my partners to look for anything suspicious but not to touch anything. With that warning I send them off to look for evidence that we can use to put away Lord Ikrum. We've been at this case for a few months and I would have to say I would rather just finish it up and go home. I go farther into the space and take a couple turns, I feel like any moment now I could get lost. That's when I notice them. A bunch of papers and letters held by twine, sitting precariously on the end of a small centre table just out of my reach. I push and pull a few parts from the piles, I tuck up my trousers and kneel down to reach the envelopes. Once I have them in my hands, I open a couple to inspect them, we need the evidence to stick this time. Having found the proof we've been looking for I go to look for my partners. I retrace my steps and head in the direction I last saw them leave. I can hear a strange noise start up, and one of my fellow detectives curse, just up ahead and around a corner or two.

"Another case solved boys. You must really step up your game and what have I said about touching things here?" I call out happily albeit exasperatedly as I round the corner.

I freeze. Just ahead of me, my partners seem to be engulfed in a brilliant, warm glow. All frustrated emotions set aside, I quickly drop the letters and rush to them.

"Watson! Lestrade!" I call as I try to push them out of the light, only to be caught as well.

I try to call out again, only I can't. My whole body will not cooperate with any command given. I can't move, blink, or even breath. I begin to wonder just how the bloody hell we ended up in this mess and if this was how we were to die. Oh God! Father will not be impressed. Well, hopefully he can finish the case so Watson, Lestrade and I can rest easily. What am I thinking?! Must be the lack of oxygen due to not being able to breath. I can see Watson in front of me unconscious from lack of oxygen and the same happening to Lestrade out of the corner of my eye. I try to fight it, to save us, but I am just as helpless as the boys. Just as I sub come to unconsciousness there is a bright flash and a great deal of pain emanates through my head.

S.H.E.I.L.D. Helicarrier 2026

"Sir," I call as I stride into the room "There's been some major energy spikes at Avengers Tower."

"I thought Stark was in meetings all day." Fury mutters. "Contact Stark. Find out what the hell is going on." He commands.

"Yes sir, but, that wasn't the only place with energy spikes."

"What?"

"There's also been a major energy spike at a hospital. And here. On the Helicarrier."

"Get Stark on the line now!" Fury commands while sending everyone in the room his trademark glare.

"Yes Sir," I say while pulling up Stark's contact on a screen.

We wait a few moments while we get connected. I take my place behind Fury and to the right.

"Looks like Stark doesn't want to connect us," I say stepping forward to bypass JARVIS. Again.

Once done, I return to my place and wait.

"Stark!" Fury barks at the screen.