Chapter 09: I hang around you because...

Jisu POV

As I tripped I closed my eyes bracing myself for the impact but then suddenly someone caught me, Taeyong caught me, I was dumbfounded, I didn't know what to say, our faces were so close.

"Taeyong."

"I-I-I'm sorry, I just-" He stood me up and went back into the store.

I stood there, outside, dumbfounded by what just happened, I covered my cheeks, hoping he didn't notice the change of color.

"Aish, what do I do?" I ran my fingers through my hair.

It was about 4:30, my shift was almost done, we just sat there in complete silence but it was an awkward silence, almost as if we were both thinking the same thing just waiting for the other to say something about it.

"I'm going to get going, I had a really fun time." Taeyong got up handing me the uniform.

"Oh, me too." I smiled.

"Will you still be attending the dinner tonight?" He peeped his head through the door.

"Ah, yes."

"Okay, I'll pick you up around seven." I nodded my head.

I guess things aren't as awkward as I thought it was going to be, that's good.

I went home and took a seven-hour nap which made up for all of the lack of sleep last night, of course, Jaeun wasn't home but she did send me a text.

Then I woke up around ten thirty to go to my afternoon classes.

It was a typical boring day, you know class and work nothing special. I had about two hours to spare before the dinner tonight so I went home and looked through my closet to find an outfit and luckily I had a brown dress that I have not worn in a while, I paired it with a denim jacket and wore my black converse.

"Honey I'm home." Jaeun laughed.

"Jaeun!" I ran to her and gave her a big hug.

"Has it been that long?" she joked, I nodded my head.

"Woah, step back."

"What?" I looked at her confused.

"You look AMAZING!"

"You think?"

"Uh YES! I've never seen you wear a dress before."

"And this is the last time you will see me in one so soak it in."

"So what's the special event? Or special someone?" She smirked.

"Nothing." I looked at the ground and blushed.

"Oh, you and Taeyong really hit it off huh?"

"No, he just invited me to a dinner-

"Oh, how romantic."

"With his friends."

"Oh," She said in a deeper tone.

"Yeah."

"Well, what time is the dinner?"

"Seven."

"You have a lot of time, let's go get some coffee and then you can tell me about last night!"

"Okay." I chuckled.

There was a Cafe a couple buildings down from our apartment so we walked.

"I'm serious Jisu, what if this is some kind of trap?"

"What are you talking about?" I scoffed.

"What if you think that you guys are going to this dinner with his friends but really it's just going to be you and him on an actual date, think about it."