one

* k𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚎'𝚜 𝚙.𝚘.𝚟 *

"So mom, is Annie coming to hang out with me for my birthday?", I asked my mom excitedly as I take my shirts out of my suitcase and perfectly place them in the dresser. All I gotta say is that my birthday is in two days. My mom, Ryan, and I are currently in LA for the playlist and for my birthday. Dad and Brennan wanted to stay behind to watch football and some sports that were on tv that I don't give a crap about.

"Ah, about that Katie. I'm sure Billy, Mrs. Katie, Annie, and Hayley wanted to come and hang with us for your birthday but they are extremely busy, so they can't make it in time for you. Maybe next time alright?" , my mom gave me a pleading smile when she placed her hand on my shoulder and gave me a supportive rub. I glance down to her hand on my left shoulder and looked up studying her facial expressions. She's hiding something. I know because she always rubs your shoulder or hugs you when something is up. And also, in the first time forever, the Leblancs are not coming to hang out with me for my birthday? What did she mean busy? How busy could they be? They always come and celebrate my birthday with me. It's like a tradition. Questions start to fill my head. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What are they doing? Why can't they come?" my mother stops unpacking, turning around to face me pursing her lips.

"Well. The girls are filming shows and they have to do photo shoots and all that stuff they need to get done. I'm sure you fully understand. Now come help me unpack" , she answers as she continues to unpack. I still have questions floating in my head but I shook them away. I looked over to my suitcase, which is waiting to be unpacked, I felt my stomach clench. The Leblanc's, the family I've known for like 6 years, are not coming for my birthday. I felt the sadness rush over me. I grabbed my phone off the dresser and rushed to the bathroom ignoring my mother. I shut the door behind me and walked over to the bathtub, sitting on the edge.

I opened my contacts and scrolled down to find Annie's name. As I was about to type something, I froze in realization. Annie and I haven't talked since we last saw each other even though we promised ourselves to stay in contact. My heart starts to hurt. I felt myself tearing up as I looked down at my phone once again. I guess our friendship is really over.

-

March 1, 2020

Today.

Today is the day Annie & her family are coming home. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it yet because it's been 3 years since I've last seen them. Yeah, I'm definitely happy about it because I missed Annie so much and I think I'll be seeing her at my high school according to my mother. My mom has been talking about the Leblanc's nonstop ever since they announced that they are moving back here in Maryland. Fear is creeping up onto me because of all the possibilities and stuff that could happen when they come back. I'm not even sure why I'm scared because I've known them for like 6 years.

The Leblanc's recently went on hiatus from YouTube because of all the drama that's been going on over social media and the stress of living the LA life.

They did move to LA, but they never sold their house here in Maryland because no one has even bought it, despite how expensive it was. The house has been for sale for three years.

I guess living the LA life has been giving them so much stress because they feel like they have to put so much pressure on themselves to get that LA fame or pursue their dreams as a famous family. That's what I assume. The last time I've talked to the Leblanc's was three years ago. Crazy, I know.

It's just that I assume they are stressed because doing YouTube, modeling, concerts, acting, and all sorts sounds a lot to handle. I can understand why they are stressed because I feel stressed out having to vlog every. single. day.