Chapter1

Chapter One

" Gemma seriously you have to stop flirting with boys all the time, it's not cool! " I said cautiously as I whispered into her ear. She let go of Liam's hand and gave me a humorous smile,

" I know what I'm doing, infact I could hook you up with a guy too." She chuckled as I dragged her to class. The whole class stares at us as we walk in. I hide behind my hair, going red. But Gemma... Gemma winks and puffs out her chest, knowing all eyes are on her. Well, who wouldn't look at her? She's gorgeous. Not like me. I never get the attention from the guys. It's always Gemma that gets asked out first. Gemma who the boys chat up. Gemma who everyone crushes on. I only got asked out once, but that was when I was ten and it was by and boy with a snotty nose and thick round glasses. I just needed love. I was having a hard time in my life and I needed someone to love me, not like Gemma who just has it for the snogs and attention. I can't explain it... It's just not real love. I've never been in love it's just always me liking the person for the personality but the person never loves me back. I always sang songs about love and falling in it. I was that sort of person who would sing about falling in love but it wouldn't actually happen. I used to envy for the people who have or are in love and get to sing the love songs. They have someone to sing it to..while I sing it to Mr.Bubbles.

Mr.Bubbles is my teddy bear. He's quite big, half my size, and has cute little eyes and a ribbon around his neck. I loved him to bits when I was little. Not now though... Well, I guess I still love him a lot. He's my best friend. Always has been. Always will be. He's my boyfriend and my husband too. I'd never tell anyone that though because I'd sound crazy. I know I'm sad. But whoever wants to judge me go ahead. Err... I think.

It's monday, my least favourite day of the week. Don't ask me why. I just get this weird feeling on every Monday. Like something bad is going to happen. And it generally does. I usually miss the bus or my alarm clock doesn't wake me up and I oversleep or I forget my money for lunch or I fail my test. But this morning I getting the feeling that something good is going to happen. Something amazing. I woke up on time, early actually, and got dressed. I step out my front door and see this tall guy with the most beautiful smile in the world. I... I think I'm in love.

No, snap out of it, just focus on your best friend, who is currently beeping the horn and yelling at me to 'hurry my ass up.' I sigh and look at her the whole time. This must be her newest boyfriend. Yeah. That means he's off limits.

"Lizzy, you've met my brother, Dan, haven't you? He's come with us today, worst luck." She says, pulling a face.

"Yeah, worst luck," I say, pulling a face back. But inside Im thinking Yay! Oh thank you God.

Something tells me this is going to be the best car ride of my life.