Chapter 1: Caroline and Sheek

"Come on Sheek, we've got to go!" Caroline said loudly to her horse, Sheek, As she finished tightening up the girth strap on her brand-new Western saddle. Sheek whinnied softly, "I'm sorry I yelled, Sheek. But, We need to get going so we can meet up with Ashes and Starlight at  Oak Creek Waterfall. I really don't want to keep them waiting!" Answered Caroline. Then her hunting dog, Grace, started barking. " Oh, great! What now Grace!" She said irritably, and went to go see what was wrong. When she got to the pen, she saw Grace had pinned up an innocent rabbit in the corner of her cage, barking loudly. "Grace! No! Don't hurt it!" Caroline yelled, frantically waving her arms, trying to get Grace to move away from the rabbit. She pushed Grace back and scooped up the bunny gently. "Come on, little guy. I'll put you in with Aurora and Daffodil." She scooped up the scared creature and took it to the rabbit cage. "I wonder what I'll call you?" she said, "I'll name you later, right now I've got to get going." She went to go feed all her animals, "Ok, all the animals are here!" Caroline said as she counted all her animals. "Wait! Where's Bailey?" Bailey is Caroline's sweet, adorable female dalmatian who loves Caroline, "Oh, there you are Bailey! Come inside girl, I've got to go."

Caroline walked to her house and packed 2 water-bottles, a sandwich, some chips, and a few carrots as a treat for Sheek. Then she went back out to the barn and put the food in the saddlebags. "There! Now I'm ready!" And they headed off to Oak Creek Waterfall.

           Oak Creek Waterfall was a meeting place for the girls, Cheyenne and her horse, Ashes, lived at Cherry Creek Farm, Lily and her horse, Starlight, lived at Mountain View Ranch, and Caroline lived at Cedar Valley Horse Ranch with her horse, Sheek.  Caroline met Cheyenne in 4th grade, they stayed friends ever since. Lily was Cheyenne's sister, that's how Caroline met Lily.

        As Caroline rode Sheek to the waterfall, she heard something and Sheek stopped. There was a low growl in the bushes and Caroline tried to control her need to panic. If she paniced, Sheek would panic, too. "Easy girl," Caroline said in the most calm voice she could manage.